Saturday, January 12

My Limit

I may have reached my limit on how much snow I can handle on my own. We had a backhoe come out yesterday to give us our driveways back. I finally got to my mail after three days. From what I hear it snowed a foot the night before last, and at least 3-4 inches during the day yesterday.

In the 4th pic down ( click em' to big em') you can see the small opening I have to feed the horses in. The snow keeps sliding off the roof and burying the area. The pic below that one is where the snow has fallen off the roof in front of the house. If you remember from spring/fall photos, that birdfeeder at the end is usually way over my head, I need a stool to fill it. Now I tower over it. The deer can eat out of it now, and the cats can just walk right in. Not good for birds.

I can't even get to the horses fence feeders (they get grain for lunch) unless I put on waders or something. I've lost a few boots trying to walk through that snow. Needless to say, they're eating hay for now.
The hottub deck has at least two feet of snow on it. I tried to shovel off some of that yesterday, but could only handle a corner. The snow was so deep and heavy, there was just no way. Sigh.. I hurt.

I have had continuous phone/internet issues plus the occasional power outtages. The satellite reception comes and goes. And, my laptop is having issues :(

It's been a very frustrating few days. I usually pride myself on being able to handle most anything, and yes I'll even get through this, but, I've had my moments.
It's not snowing today, amazingly. I have my driveway back. I will attempt more of the deck today and I think I'll make stew.

And, I think I shall eat chocolate :)











13 comments:

Osbasso said...

For once, words fail me... Is that your car on the left center of the top picture??

Leesa said...

My car is to the left of the backhoe in the top pic. He had to dig around it with a shovel so I could move it.

Redhead Editor said...

Yes, let's all eat chocolate.

Nature Girl said...

That's insane Leesa...I wish I could help you out. If I lived closer, I'd help you with the shoveling...and of course, like any good friend, I'd help you eat the chocolate too ;)
Stacie

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever seen that much snow before

•♥•m•♥• said...

~WoW!~
that is amazing.... & I know U dont want to hear it ...but from here in AZ?....absolutely beautiful! I would trade places in a heartbeat w/ u! Maybe I would get some of this dang writing finished once and for all..... =)

hang in there! & keep the beautiful pics comin.....

Moosekahl said...

I'll be close in a month and could help. I'll have snowshoes so I could get in. It is beautiful but still a hassle if you want to go anywhere, I know. Take it easy on yoruself.

The Smoking Redhead said...

That is amazing! I am so looking forward to snowshoeing up there next weekend.

Have good days!

gemmak said...

Much as I envy you your snow I also admire your tenacity in being able to cope with all that and the animals on your own, I think at this point I might find it a bit scary!

Laura said...

Two words...

Holy.

Crap.

Woo hoo!! I think for once I'm actually not jealous of where you live. I'm sure that will be short lived.
~L.

Marianna said...

Did I mention I'm wearing flip flops & shorts? :P

M~

~grey said...

I think someone is trying to bury you....

WoW !!! that sure is alot of snow...

Like I said before... I think you have gotten all of our snow. As we have little to none!

p.s. throw a snowball at M~
flip flops and shorts...sheeesh! Doesn't that chick know it is winter out... LOL

ATLLG said...

CRAAAAAP That is ALOT of snow.

Question: In the last pic it looks like you have garland still around the porch. FAKE garland. Say it isn't so. You got all that beautiful natural garland around you and you have FAKE garland.

Just had to a point that out.