Sunday, November 9

Yes, There's More













Big Dog is still here.
She's doing better although I haven't quite figured her out. I think she's quite old and that's why she's so slow. Possibly arthritic. I started her on a pain reliever and I think it's helping. She wags her tail now :)
I've also learned that she won't touch dog food. My guess, the previous (or current) owners only fed her table scraps. Greaaaat.
I did mix dry dog food with chicken broth and heated it up. She did eat, finally.

I haven't yet checked with the local gossip mill ( town store ), to see if anyone's missing a dog. It's funny that you all assume I'm adding to my herd :P.
I am still waiting to see if she's just missing or lost. And no.. I haven't named her.

Sadly.. that's all I've got to tell ya.
It's rained for a week straight....some snow at night.
Everything's muddy or flooded.

And.. I still haven't started the wood stove.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Well, she certainly belonged to someone, judging by her girth. :P I mean, she wasn't starving. Glad you got her to eat. Is she spending the night indoors? Man, if my dog were missing I'd be scouring the planet for him. Can't imagine why the area hasn't been plastered with "missing" signs. Have you checked petfinder for the 'lost' section? She surely seems comfy at your place. :)

Leesa said...

Oh yeah, she stays indoors. She's adopted the third floor bedroom as her own :)
I have found living in an area like this that you find abandoned or dumped animals, so it wouldn't surprise me. Also, this is the Vets house and I have had animals dumped here before.
Also, knowing this area, I highly doubt they'd place an ad. If there's a notice, it would be up at the store, I just haven't checked yet :)

Nature Girl said...

Well if *I* were you, *I'd* certainly be adding to my herd. One can never have too many dogs. I'd be all sad if someone claimed her! LOL Though I suppose, I would check to make sure just so I could rest easy that I could keep her. LOL

M said...

well..i'll say it again....she sure is pretty... =) & looks completely at home in your drive .....

Michael said...

"Big Dog" sounds like a name to me... ;-)

Marianna said...

Mike ~ "Big Girl Dawg". :)

And I agree with minta ~ she does look like she belongs. What a good girl!

M~

Anonymous said...

Wow... what an amazing pet he is!!

~grey said...

its just so sad to think that people just dump their animals ... I hope this wasn't the case.

She is a very big dog! Glad to hear she is well behaved!

gemmak said...

Lol...and I wonder why we all assume you will add to your herd...watch this space.... ;o)