
1. We've had rain for a straight week. Everything's flooded and quite a mess. The horses are standing in at least 6 inches of water and I can't even get out there without tall boots on.
2. This morning it was 20 degrees.. so all that water (low water anyway) is now frozen. It was an interesting walk across the driveway to feed the horses this morning.
3. The Big Dawg is doing well. Still no bites on an owner, so I still have not named her. She's in a lot better spirits and hangs out in the front yard most of the day. Only thing though, she scares away the deer :(
4. Hunting season is going on around here. You know how much I love that. Only bad thing is we apparently have someone hunting from their car or down our personal roads anyway. We had a killing just out by our mailboxes :(. I can deal with the hunting, but at least hunt where you're supposed to, and where it's safe.
5. I read an article this morning where PETA is giving out Tofurkeys in Great Falls (I think).. can you imagine? All these hunters and meat eaters out here and PETA is trying to give away Tofurkeys?? Ya gotta laugh.
6. Here's another funny: Idaho breeds em' wild!
7. I've been missing my favorite shows lately. I don't pay attention to the day of the week, or the TV noise half the time, so I've missed House two weeks in a row and the same with Dexter. Thankfully Dexter is repeated many times during the week. I just don't seem to really care what's on TV anymore. I must be sick.
8. Recently saw the movie Juno. I like it, it was cute... but I'm drawn to it for some reason, not sure why. I play in the background pretty often. I love the friendship between the two girls. So totally opposite, but will drop anything to go help.. even if it's moving lawn furniture in the middle of the night. Love it.
9. I bought the DVD Jack Frost.. have you seen it? No.. not the Family one with Michael Keaton. The one with the killer snowman. No? It's great. It's cheesy, but it's great. Check it out.
10. I had a dream last night that I was in one of the Halloween movies. Michael Myers was stalking the town and killing people as usual, but I was the only one that knew it because I had seen the movie. So, I would just avoid the places I knew he'd be. It was too weird.
11. Wow.. I'm only at eleven? This could get boring fast.
12. I don't know how many of you heard about the toxic killing of my pond. It's a long story and it wasn't a happy one, but with all the rain we've had lately and with my help flooding it with the hoses on for days... it might just survive.
13. I am lovin' this phone. I don't have sprint and certainly don't need a new phone, but this one looks too cool. Found it over at Shephards :)
14. Speaking of phones, I recently bought the Voyager (Verizon) and then just after.. they came out with The Storm. That's just wrong. No fair, No fair.
15. Again, speaking of phones... it's nutty that I even want a cell phone OR a new fancy cell phone since they don't even work in my town or my house, and I never get out of here anyway.
Thank goodness... DONE.
**oh and as you can see in the photo above, my pet turkey is still here. Yikes, maybe I need to bring him in soon?**
6 comments:
I have to laugh at Peta for doing that...they're lucky they're not shot at! They don't elicit a lot of love from people the way they go about things.
That pic of the turkey cracked me up! I laughed my butt off. He definitely has character...
Stacie
Isn't he funny, Stace? He just sits there and hangs out all day.
Or.. I'll see him walk by the windows as he's walking on the railing. It's wild.
u can watch house on HULU.com .....i think?......
I just finished season 1 of Dexter. Oh.My.GAWD! What a show! I hear Bones is coming out with Season 3 next week, so I'll get that. House is awesome ~ I miss that show.
M~
so what do turkeys do in the winter time....? I never thought of that before.
Hmmm... maybe that's why they killed for thanksgiving.
It's snowing here today.
it has been super mild out (for November)... snow today was a complete surprise.
Cell phones are a fraud...I find is seriously hilarious that everyone and their dog here in Fairbanks has the new iPhone but they cannot use any of the 3G capabilities of it b/c we are so remote. But they still had to have it :)
Post a Comment