Monday, November 17

TTAMM~ Things That Annoy Me Monday

Leesa's Law.

Previously known as Murphy's Law.

Seriously annoys me.

As you know, or you will in a moment, November is our yuckiest month. The colors are gone, it rains practically everyday, and it's cold. Now, I like cold. And most of the time I like rain. But put the two together for a month in a row? Gets old.

Anyway, the Leesa's Law part... I rarely get out for photography during November. Too yucky and nothing pretty to photograph anyway. BUT.. it's guaranteed that if I find that small break in the weather, get my gear together, get dressed appropriately and get outside, it will start raining again. If not that, it gets grey and windy and I can't photograph anything anyway.

Same with the windows in my house. If the sun's out.. it's gorgeous and I open the windows and let fresh air in. Guaranteed as soon as I do that, it will cloud over and get cold and I have to close the windows again. Ten minutes later.... sunny again.

Or.. how about two days ago when there was a Kingfisher at the pond. Of course I was in the driveway with my macro lens when I heard this awesome bird. I go home, switch to the 500mm, walk back out to the pond.
As I'm walking back out it gets really windy, clouds up and starts to pour. Literally POUR. I head back home.
Another break in the weather, I decided to try again. I get out to the pond just as the bird flies away not to return. I go home.

Another break in the weather, I'm back out in the yard with my macro lens. Guess who comes back? Should I even bother? Okay, yeah I will.
I go home, I change lenses (again), head out to the pond. Once again.. clouds up, gets windy, and the bird is only there for one flyby and leaves again.

Yeah.. that annoys me.

Seriously.

4 comments:

Osbasso said...

This comes from a weekend of flying...
People who are too cheap to pay the $15/bag to check it, bring it on board, and pushing the limit on size for their carryon, then get pissed that they can't find anyplace to stow it them (because everyone else is to cheap to check theirs). THEN, expect those of use who weren't cheap, to stow our small backpacks underneath. Uh-uh. Ain't happenin'.

I wasn't going to do this, but it has to be done...
WV--fecesx

Nature Girl said...

oh i am sooooo with you on this one! it's a major stress deciding which lens to use sometimes and undoubtedly, the minute I go with one, an opportunity comes along that will only work with the other one. Dang I hate when that happens! I've started carrying both cameras sometimes when I go out just so I won't miss anything when I have the "wrong" lens on my big camera, but then my neck is sore by the time I get home. You know what we need? we need photography assistants! Preferably cute, mute men. Yeah..the mute is definitely a must. Unless they're saying nice things to us....

I digress..

Stacie

Marianna said...

Os. Your WV.. LOL

My TTAMM ~ food poisoning.

M~

Leesa said...

I love the month of November, and everything around me seems so pretty. But I have photographed in November every once in a while, and I can't capture what I see.