
1. Lately I've been starting these with no real ideas in mind and making it to 13 okay. Not sure I have 13 in me this time. We'll see.
2. We got a Christmas tree today. Early, I know. But seems every year if we wait after Thanksgiving it's colder and snow is on the ground. Not as fun to do the hike and haul the tree back. Today was good, so we have one now. Oh and we're expecting snow on Friday.
3. I probably won't decorate it right away, but the house already smells good.
4. The tree is 11 ft tall. I'll need a ladder.
5. The dog name ideas were too funny. TRO, you had me laughing out loud :).. I tried Marshmallow but G didn't go for it. He didn't go for Petunia either :P
6. He's been calling her Drifter. We'll see if that sticks.
7. My running goal might now work out. My left heel is so painful, I can barely walk after a walk/run. Takes me a couple of days to recover. The sock and pain patches didn't really work. I might have to go to a specialty foot/shoe store and have a shoe picked for me. We'll see.
8. I was asked to be the photographer for the Santa/Child photos here in town. Should be interesting. Santa/Child? Children-sitting-on-Santa's-lap? Whatever.. you know what I'm talking about.
9. Okay.. I'm stuck. Umm...the cats aren't really bothering the tree yet. I'm sure they're just waiting and plotting evilness until I have decorations on it.
10. My cards have been selling pretty well. I've restocked two stores a couple of times now and today I added Christmas cards. At some point I'll have an Etsy page set up.
11. I was taking photos yesterday when I came upon a ladybug nest that had been drowned out by a leaking water pipe. There were hundreds of ladybugs floating on big chunks of grass. Yeah.. I saved them. G offically thinks I'm crazy I think.
Anyway, I put the piles in the back seat of his pickup and drove them home and put them in my gardens. :0)
12. There are still ladybugs in his truck. I guess they're moving to Redmond tomorrow.
13. And here we are... hmmmm. I finally ordered a nice tripod.. I'm excited :)
I recently dropped my macro lens (YES, the 100mm.. my FAVE) and luckily, since I put filters on all of my lenses, that's what shattered ($40 instead of $500). Unfortunately, although I got all the cracked glass out I can't get the actual rim off :(.. so, I can't put a new one on yet. I've been extra careful.
Talk about a heart stopping when that lens hit the ground.
Okay.. I made it. That's that.
Oh and it's official....the woodstove has been started. I know you were all waiting for that news.
17 comments:
New page design.
I have to put on my glasses to read it, but the black page and white text is pleasing.
Get the shoe, else you will get fat as well as dumb and happy!
LOL
please oh please set up an Etsy page.
sneaky sneaky...getting it up while I'm tucked in my bed! ;P
I like Drifter, I was trying to think of something like that but all that came to mind was Wanderer and Hiker..not really good dog names. Drifter is cool, and it fits.
Ladybugs are AWSOME in the garden, I think it's cool you did that, people pay a lot of $$ around here to buy them at the nursery to take them home, you've done a service, you saved your garden, AND helped the homeless!
Um...that filmstrip on the side with all your pics? TOTALLY COOL! Where'd ya get that? Spill it sistah!
Stacie
OMGosh...when I started typing this comment the top of the page hadn't loaded yet...I love the filmstrip at the top too! Too cool!
Stacie
oooops... I think I just lost my comment here.
GRrrrr
this is the last time I try to post this...
not sure what I am doing wrong, or right...
Love the new blog design.
Excellent photo of the Lady bugs...
you would think after writing this 4 times.. I would finally remember what my comment was...
I can't remember what else I had written.
Wow....I didn't even realise ladybirds had nests, let alone seen one! :o)
Stacie...Gemmack Designs did my blog, you can find her at the bottom of my sidebar :)
Grey.. bummer..don't know why you lost your comments :(..do you think it was this site?
Gemmack.. I didn't realize they had nests either, this was a new experience.
Larry..I agree.. I'm workin' on it.
Ella... I'm working on the Etsy page too :)
ok..test worked....first one disappeared into the comment abyss....
anywho...luv the new changes....but i had to put on my reading glasses....BAH!~
ok..off to find the elusive golden poo...... =)
My first comment disappeared too... :-(
I know about the comments... workin' on it :)
More tests!
i figured... if you just hit enter, instead of the "finished" button... it disappears.
What?! No details?! Which tripod did you order?!
The list starts at #2 for me, what'd I miss?
Mike.. I ordered the one we talked about before. The SLIK Sprint Pro.
Kathi.. you didn't really miss anything. I was just talking about how hard it is to think of 13 things sometimes :)
Ok wow! Cool new layout! Looks great, but I have to agree a bit ~ the font is smaller than before.
I'm glad you didn't break the macro lens, but bummer on the filter.
Drifter sounds good. :)
M~
Post a Comment