Friday, April 13

Tons of Tulips

I went into Mt.Vernon this morning for the tulip festival. It was really windy, which made if much cooler. If I wasn't shaking, the tulips were :)



There were just rows and rows of tulips and they were so pretty. Alot of them seemed to take a beating from the wind I think.



I took tons of photos (of course), and here's just a sampling. I also posted some over on my flickr page.



And, just as the car was pulling away, it started raining :)



I guess Leesa's Law stayed away today. Even though, I could have done without the wind.



The rest of the day was pretty casual, just wandering around the area seeing what's here and what's close.



We'll see what the rest of the weekend brings :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! The photos of the rows & rows remind me of when Dorothy fell asleep in the field of poppys on the Wizard of Oz. Really cool photos.

Amazing Gracie said...

I'm already running out of adjectives! But these are really beautiful!

Marianna said...

Oh, I agree with Silverwillow!

You captured beautiful colors, Leesa. It reminds me of the tulips in the Netherlands.

M~

Unknown said...

omg omg omg omg omg omg I am sooo jealous I would never leave that place lol well not until the batteries on my camera died anyway lol.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Wow! They're spectacular...I'm so jealous!!

Im A Foto Nut said...

All I can say is WOWZER!

Shephard said...

Pretty. Love tulips.
~S

Michael said...

I made it up to see the tulips today... in a group of around 20 other motorcyclists. It was a little wet early on but they day turned out to be pretty decent!

Moosekahl said...

I love tulips! For my senior prom, my date bought me a wrist corsage made out of baby ivory tulips, it was so pretty! Very beautiful shots, love the last one especially!