Wednesday, April 25

Just Kick Me



You won't believe what I did. I feel horrible :(

As you know, two days ago I went on the big spring-cleaning binge. For two days, or at least 1 1/2 days, I cleaned this house. Along with some personal issues, it has been pretty distracting. Well, long story short, I've been pretty distracted all around.

On our lower level we have a sofabed. I always open it up and have it ready for the petsitter when I go out of town. I hadn't even touched it since being back from Seattle.
During my cleaning frenzy, I cleaned the bed and closed it up. That was the morning before last.

Tonight, I'm lying in bed watching TV and I hear a couple of cats arguing. This is normal, but 99% of the time it involves Critter. He can be quite the instigator. It was at that moment, that I realized I haven't seen him recently. Like not even today, recently.

I literally shot out of bed. I turned on the lights and started calling his name. Luckily, sigh, he answered back and I started following his cry.

He was stuck under the sofabed. I shut my cat in the sofabed :(
Two days he was in there and I didn't even realize it.
Ugh. I'm sick.
He's okay.. he's not hurt. He's hungry and thirsty though.

If you know me at all, you know that just kills me.

Just kick me while I'm down :(

**as I reread this, it does sound worse than it was. He was under the sofa when the bed was closed. He was not smushed under, or actually rolled up in the bed. He was just closed up in a very small space between the bed and the wall. Doesn't make me feel much better, but I wanted to clarify he wasn't rolled up into the bed**

13 comments:

Moosekahl said...

I shut Romeo in the linen closet for two hours and felt like the worst mom ever. Glad Critter's okay. He'll cuddle up soon enough and forgive you. They always do.

Osbasso said...

Oh, man. I've got nothing to say here! Sorry to hear that!

Michael said...

Crikey! Glad to hear the little fella is doing ok now though. It could happen to anyone... well, anyone with a sofa bed... and a cat... which is probably a lot of people really.

;-)

Amy said...

I did the same thing once! My poor Fritz was in that sofa for about a day and a half before I found him.....he didn't make a sound though so it was a truly a search and rescue mission!

Unknown said...

it took him two days to meow and throw a fuss? My mom shut our puppy up in a recliner once but instantly he freaked and so did she lol

Marianna said...

Awww.... hon, don't do that to yourself. Critter's ok ~ it's an accident that could have happened to anyone. Sounds like similar things have happened to other bloggy friends.

He's ok... give him extra lovin for us.

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Awwww, no real harm done...Critter's fine, right?

I agree with Greekchickie...give him some extra love. Honestly, he's probably already forgotten all about it already! :)

~grey said...

I am sure this is a very common thing to do.... (not for you, but for pet owners in general)

I have already found that I have locked the pup outside...
I am sure something like this will happen to me too...

Critter is ok.. and that is the main thing. Pets forgive and forget really fast! lots of love and scratches!

Angela said...

Bless your heart. It happens. Our animals are sneaky and just too unpredictalbe to keep up with :-). He's ok, just give extra lovins for a few seconds and he won't give a care *giggles*..
Have a good day!

Troubador said...

The dog says..”Hey! Wait! I will starve in here! I am claustrophobic! And afraid of the dark! Help Help!

The cat says, “Fine! Be that way. I know when I am not wanted. I will just sit here and starve and make you feel bad for a month because I was too refined and dignified to let you know I was under the couch. Oh and by the way, I prefer sea bass while you are tying to make things up to me.”

Like they always say, no blood no foul

Troubador

Nature Girl said...

Aw Lees, you're harder on yourself about it than Critter ever will be. He probably thought it was a nice kitty vacation from the other cats.

Hugs all the way around.
Stacie

LarryLilly said...

Kick
Kick
Kick

OK, feel better? LOL

Oh hell that isnt anything. My older son when he was 10 shut up his younger 8 yo brother in a sofa sleeper, inside the mattress, then sat on it so he couldnt get out.

The younger one is OK, although at 30 yo now, he does have claustrophobia.

LOL

Memphis said...

I know how you must feel. What a nightmare for the cat. And to not even make a sound reminds me of my cat. He never meowed for anything, even if you accidentally stood on his tail. Poor cat.