Tuesday, April 24

Spring Cleaning

Not much really to talk about lately. Spring has officially arrived around here.



There are critters everywhere. Many ducks visiting the pond, the swallows are back, along with the grosbeaks, redwinged blackbirds, and crossbills.



I woke this morning to this very strange knocking. I lied in bed for a bit listening, half awake, trying to figure out what it was. I knew there was no one at my door because for one thing, Taylor didn't react and second, no one in my driveway.



I finally got up, got dressed and went out to investigate. I found a big ol' Flicker beating on the side of the house. Oh yay.
I had to scare him away many times before he finally got the hint.



I spent the majority of my day cleaning. Spring cleaning really. It was gorgeous here and that is usually inspiring. I opened all the doors and windows (which of course Trout found a way to escape, heh). I cleaned windows and dusted the hidden areas, and de-cluttered. I'm quite impressed, even though I really only got one level done.



I now wish with the weather, I had spent more time outside, but if that cleaning urge comes, I have to take it then. It's not exactly my favorite thing to do :)



I do have ONE daffodil that bloomed. My first flower of the season. The strawberry beds are bright green and there are about a million pine cones in the yard. I was thinking I'd pay a neighbor kid to come pick them up. What do you think? A nickel a pine cone? I'm thinking as many as there are, I will still be shelling out a few bucks.

Better thee than me, I say :)

5 comments:

Marianna said...

Since your nephew is coming up there in a few weeks, I bet you could get him to do it for free!

:P
M~

Unknown said...

My sonloves that turtle pic, I tagged you over on my blog

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I know JUST what you mean...when the cleaning bug hits me, I HAVE to take advantage of it....Lord only knows when it will hit me again!

And I love that chipmunk picture!!! ;)

Nature Girl said...

Can I be your neighbor boy? I LOVE picking up pinecones. DH is always saying to me "Stace...Geez! Leave the pinecones alone, you're NOT taking those home you know!"
sigh...

that man never lets me do anything fun!
Stacie

Shephard said...

Adorable chipmunk photo! You just want to grab him and take him home and name him Sparky.
~S