Monday, April 9

Big Tease

So I got up this morning to grey and very very windy. I didn't mind grey so much, but the wind can make photos difficult.

Soon, the grey went away, the sun came out and even though it was still pretty windy, I thought I'd still go for it and get out.



I found Gasworks Park. As SOON as I arrived, it turned grey again. With the wind, the temps, and being so close to the water, it was really cold. At times I thought the wind was going to blow me over.



But, I toughed it out and walked around the park and took a few photos. It was really a nice park, alot of kids rolling down the hills, and people flying kites. I don't know when the last time I saw someone flying a kite :)



When my fingers were finally cold enough, I decided to leave. The sun again peeked out while I was in the car (of course) and I considered turning off to see the Arboretum. As I was changing lanes and heading that way, it turned grey again.



I just decided that was enough and headed back to the room. Stopped off for some food and ended the day.



As I got back to my room, and settled and comfy..guess what. Sun and blue skies. As I sat and thought about getting out again, it stayed sunny and blue. Still windy, but pretty.



I don't know what it is, but this kind of thing always happens to me. So.. I'm hoping tomorrow I might have some luck. Either way, I'll still head out.
Oh, and I have a GPS in the truck.. I love this thing :) I just type where I want to go and it tells me. Even when I wanted to find a Shell gas station, I just typed it in and there it was.



So, that was my day. I now sit here in my room watching House and having a beer.
Oh and Click em' to Big em' ;)

4 comments:

Osbasso said...

The weather change thing is a modified version of "Leesa's Law". Glad that you got out though!

Unknown said...

Nice Photos Love the kite I last flew one about three years ago lol

Marianna said...

Oh I can't even remember the last time I flew a kite. I was a little girl, I know that much.

That last pic is kinda cool & the green grass under the concrete arch is neat, too!

M~

Unknown said...

great shots! I love the archs.

I also like part about drinking beer