
The boys are everywhere. Which surprises me, considering it's hunting season. They usually run off and hide, especially the larger ones. Anyway, I had several in the yard this morning, rather early so not great light.
I drove to Redmond last couple of days, the fall colors are just beautiful, especially through Snoqualmie Park. I wish I had had the initiative to stop, but I didn't. Maybe another time. I'm not sure if I'll get back before they go away.
We have a few colors here, but being a forest of pine trees, it's mostly green. Some yellow aspens here and there. And.. pretty soon it will be all white. I'm ready :)
The hubs made a full recovery and is back to work in Washington. Biggest changes for him will be diet. He's been a good boy so far.
The bear have calmed down for the most part. We replaced our door with a metal door and moved the cat door. Kind of interesting, and I'm impressed it worked, but they made a cat door right into the wall of the building and then reinforced it with steel on both sides. The bear either haven't found it, or couldn't mess it up. Either way, we now have a normal door, and my cats still have a warm place to hole up in the cold weather.
I did have a monster of a bear here last night. I don't remember seeing him before, and he didn't really get into anything, but he did hang out for a bit and he was huge. I really need some kind of night-vision photography :)
I did get some new pics of the kittens in Redmond, but they aren't great. I could NOT get these two to sit still. They are all over the place. But so cute. I'll get some posted soon.
5 comments:
Yeah, I know several people who would love to come spend some time in your backyard. LOL
Glad to hear Hubs is up and running!
I haven't seen fall colors like this since I lived in Virginia. We had a training across campus yesterday & my eyes were seriously hurting from all the gorgeous colors. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me. :P
M~
I think I'm going to try to shoot fall colors this weekend, haven't decided where to go yet but a drive up into the mountains somewhere would be very nice.
Awsome about the new door, sounds like this one is going to do the trick. I love that shot of the bucks too...very cool! Our fall colors are very slow to change here, it's been too warm I think so far, but the last couple of days have been cold so hopefully we'll see some more color.
Glad to hear Hubs is doing better and watching the diet to stay healthy.
Hugs,
Stacie
Post a Comment