Tuesday, October 2

Big News




















So, you wanted to know the exciting small town news? Ok.

Since it has been in the paper I can blog about it. I won't name the people or the town though, just for privacy sake.

So.. about a week ago, we had a neighbor kid that was shot in the face. It started with the news of a life flight in our town ( which is VERY rare, of course) that picked up a 16yr old boy that had been shot.
Come to find out it was our neighbor, a boy (and family) we know pretty well and see quite often.
At first, it was a fear of a suicide attempt. But when we heard that ATF and US Marhalls were at the scene, that wasn't the case. Next thing we knew, the stepfather had fled the scene after shooting the boy. Accidental? That's the story. But he fled anyway.

The boy was life-flighted to a nearby hospital where he had reconstructive surgery on his face and his jaw wired shut. Turns out he will be okay, and not much damage. Apparently it went behind his ear and threw his lip. He was VERY lucky.

The ATF were called in when police entered the house and found over 40 guns in the home. I think there was a fear of another Rooby Ridge ( and yes, I spelled that wrong on purpose).
It took a few days, but step-dad finally turned himself in and is in jail. There's a lot of mess going on with CPS and local authorities on what's exactly happened and it's quite the hot topic in this little town of 700+/-.

Still not sure on all details, but it looks like the step-father will not rejoin this family, and even the mother is having to go to court to get the boy back.
I haven't seen anyone in the family since all of this happened.

Since we are neighbors and 'friends' of the family, some of us have been involved in questioning. Luckily, since I'm a hermit and don't get out much, my name is not out there.

So far anyway.

9 comments:

Marianna said...

Tell the truth. We all know YOU shot the kid & are in cahoots wtih the stepdad to start an underground mafia of montana! :D

M~

Osbasso said...

The 40 guns doesn't surprise me, considering the part of the country you live in, but I'm surprised the helicopter could get in. Must not have been painted black...

Keep your doors locked and your mouth shut!!

Michael said...

Crikey, that's a little *too* exciting I would think. So umm, 40 guns would be too many then? *starts counting*

LarryLilly said...

Down in your old neck of the woods (Texas), 40 guns would be considered a "starter" collection LOL

Headlines in local bi-weekly paper..."Reclusive woman photographer seen as link in bizarre shooting of local boy. The investigators are thinking that it may be a weapons for bear door scheme gone horribly wrong."

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda with larrylilly, 40 guns would just be our hunting supply!

Seriously, that's a sad story. But it could only happen around you! LOL

Nature Girl said...

Just goes to show the saying is true..you never REALLY know what goes on behind closed doors. YIKES! That's just scary Lees!
Stacie

Leesa said...

I am sorta glad that I lead a quiet, simple life.

Redhead Editor said...

There are 700 people in that town? I've been there. I would have never guessed that. Glad you're not under suspect and even gladder I'm not there like I was last year at this time!

Memphis said...

I guess I don't understand why the police were counting rifles. Then again, I don't understand exactly why he ran, either.