Saturday, October 6

Listen.. STAT













Yeah, I was back there this morning.
And I do have a tip. For anyone.

If you wake up with breathing problems, and a fever. Tell someone. Yeah.. anyone.
Don't wait an hour or so. Don't diagnose yourself. Just let your spouse, or whoever know.
I made my second early morning drive to the ER. I'm not complaining, I'm glad we went, of course. But we should have gone earlier. Doctors make the worst patients.

Anyway, so far okay. He's home. Recheck on Monday.
I'm really getting tired of sitting in an ER.
There wasn't ONE doctor that looked like George Clooney in there.

13 comments:

Nature Girl said...

Sheesh Lees! I hope everythign's ok! I'm thinking about you!
Stacie
ps..maybe John had a point..only a few drops, not the whole bottle....
;P

Osbasso said...

Swear to God I though it read "Rednecks on Monday". Gotta get those eyes checked...

I would think that the second trip would open his eyes to that. But you might need to take the role of Nurse Ratched.

Jennifer said...

I know what sitting in the ER is like . . . did it with my mom & dad a few months back on 3 seperate occasions . . . . not fun at all!!

Medical staff do make the worse patients . . . I'm an ER Nurse and I know what I am like!!

I hope he has a QUICK recovery!!!

Marianna said...

Did it remind you of "ER", the show? No Luka either? BAH!

Girl, kick him in the pants & tell him to quit being a bad patient! He isn't going to have the same luxury once he comes up here. Although, I will gladly get my arse up in the middle of the nite if need be.

M~

P.S. Not making this up. Word verification: exhubz

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Do you think they do this because they don't want to worry us or because they think it's just going to go away? My husband is the same way, Leesa...it drives me crazy.

I hope your husband will be alright!

Moosekahl said...

Sounds like the typical health care provider to me...we are awful, glad we have people like you to drag us in when we just won't go for help.

Redhead Editor said...

I get where doctors (and nurses) make the worst patients, but vets??? Even a dog would come to his owner's side and paw at you until you woke up and got help. I mean, have you seen Lassie get help? It's a thing o' beauty. Maybe we need to get the Hubs a call button that yells, "Timmy's in the well. Go get help."

Glad you had your camera. Tell Hubs it takes color photos for when he turns blue from lack of oxygen. Again, hope he wakes you up sooner if there is a next time. Tell him, also, that you will continue to go to the ER with him to look for George Clooney and Luka. A girl can dream, can't she?

Troubador said...

I went through the same thing with my Dad a few years ago. Sometimes I think its harder on the people in the waiting room than it is the patient...can't they find anything better to put on the TV than Maury Pauvich for crying out loud?

And it does drain you.

I will keep you and G in my thoughts and prayers

Peace

Anonymous said...

Keeping you both in my thoughts. An hour away from a hospital is nothing to trifle with! Hoping he makes a speedy recovery.

Matt said...

Leesa, just a note to say I'm sorry you and your husband are having this illness stress, and I hope he recovers fully and quickly.

Peruby said...

The stent is a miraculous thing, though, isn't it? Hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

I will be going through sitting in the waiting room when my nephew has open heart surgery in a couple of months. He is getting a valve replaced and a stent put in.

The docs may not look like George, but when they save a life of a loved one, I could just kiss them!

Driving through some beautiful country is a great place and time to reflect on life and what we narrowly escaped. I do a lot of thinking while driving.

Here's hoping you have smoother roads ahead.

Shephard said...

Hold good thoughts.
If you need a smile, one of my furbunnies was extra cute today.
~S

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Crap...I miss a few days posts and THIS happens!!! I went back and read all the goings-on the past few days. You must be exhausted! Your hubby sounds JUST like mine...putting things off they shouldn't put off...and being the WORST patients!!!!

Well, I'm glad to hear your hubby is doing well.