Thursday, May 17

My Adventures

Seven geese have been here all morning. They chose to awake around 5am. Any movement will surely send them flying away, so getting photos of them isn't easy.



I was headed out to my pond this morning just to check things out and there they were. Of course, I didn't have my 500mm lens, so I had to make due with what I had with me. These aren't the best shots I could have gotten, but I did love the scene.



I tried several attempts to get closer, but this was the best before they decided to fly into the pond.

In other news, Leesa's Law spared me last night.
Yesterday morning I had run several errands in town, picked up groceries and feed. I bought two salt blocks and 4 50# bags of horse feed.
When I got home, I moved one salt block out for the horses and thought I was going to keel over. My gosh those things are heavy. I decided no more lifting after that for awhile :) Had to take a break.

Well..I completely forgot about moving the 50# bags of feed. They sat in the back of the pickup all night. I woke up and skeerily walked out to the truck just expecting to see horse feed all.over.the.place.

But.. I was spared. Either he didn't show up last night, or he didn't wander over to the truck. He's been in the back of the truck before, so it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing. So, I'm happy.

Of course, I still have to move those bags..ugh.

Me needs me spinach :)

4 comments:

John said...

Spinach and a tractor...

Nature Girl said...

Whew! That was a close one! Of course, had you put it in the barn last night, "safely" tucked away,he probably would have gotten to it, he seems to go more for the things that are locked up around your place lately..I bet he likes the challenge of it. LOL
Stacie

Unknown said...

Bears like spinach too...

Marianna said...

Oh I agree with Stacie ~ heck, you (G) freakin padlocked a huge tupperware down & he managed to get in! (I'm STILL laughing over the padlock.) It's the thrill of the challenge.

M~