I'm watching the Scott Peterson sentencing as I write. I stayed with this trial for the 6 months it was on. I'm still so saddened and amazed at what happened here. All you want to say is "Why?". Why kill your wife and child? Why not divorce? It saddens me that there is someone out there, and many more I'm sure, that thought murder was a better solution. And then the callousness of his actions afterward. While she was missing he got rid of her car. He tried to sell their house, claiming that she wouldn't want to live in it after this "kidnapping" tragedy. He had a girlfriend. He used the baby nursery as storage. I've seen it all million times and I'm still amazed. It's like he has no soul. No heart. Very sad.
Now his life is over. Laci's life is over. Conner's life is over. The Rocha family's life is forever changed and so are the Peterson's even. All because of one very selfish, sick man. I wonder what he's thinking now....Sentenced to death. Did he think he was going to kill Laci and Conner and then renew his life as a playboy? Rich, Single, Cute, girlfriend already waiting for him? So many questions.......
Sharon Rocha spoke for Laci today. It was intense. She guessed the words from Laci's mouth, "Why are you killing me Scott? Why are you killing our son? I love you, you're my best friend."
It gives me a knot in my stomach.
You know what else really irks me? These idiots that get on camera behind the reporter and act stupid. Do they realize what's going on? What's being discussed? People's lives are forever changed today, and these people are calling their friends on their cell phones and saying "look at me , I'm on TV!!". Good Grief. One guy was trying to get his T-shirt on there that had a website on it. Amazing.
2 comments:
Nice to meet you. Wait till you hear about a local case in St. Louis that happened just up the street from me. Woman finally gets the courage to leave her abusive husband after 10 years and takes the 3 kids and moves in with a friend. She is taking them to a fish fry for a supervised visit while her friend follows in another car. She will serve as the one supervising his visit. He blocks their cars in front of the house, shoots the mother in front of the kids, goes to the car behind them and kills the best friend and then takes the cops of a car chase. His SUV reaches speeds of 100mph and flies across the highway where it crashes, and he dies. In 30 minutes, those 3 children have no parents. Now people are writing letters to the local paper that none of this would have happened if she had been packing a gun, too. I don't know what makes me sicker. The actual killings or some people's mentality. It doesn't get the press that the Peterson case did, but this kind of stuff happens every day... often too close to home.
Running late, but had to post. Was searching for baby boy nursery bedding sites and found your site. Anyway, not exactly what I was looking for, but good stuff.
Post a Comment