Sunday, March 13

Life, Montana Style

Well, today was pretty uneventful. I still can't get my mind off my friend in prison. It's amazing, but everything I do now, she can't. I'm having a beer and watching Sex and The City. My husband is with a friend hiking up 5 miles to a forest look-out tower. The deer are in my yard right now eating corn. She can't experience any of this. It makes me sad. I don't mean to dwell, just be aware. I think it's a good thing to be aware. It also makes me appreciative. I already went into all of this in my last post, so I won't say anymore about it.
We're having a wild day here in Montana. All day the weather has been very confused. It started out very sunny and blue skies, to a very cold cloudover and snow flakes, and then it all repeated itself. Right now, 6:30pm, it is blue, sun is setting, but there are some scary looking clouds just hanging around in the background. My husband just made it to his destination, took him about 6 hours. He is going to camp out for the night. I can just imagine the beauty he sees from there.
We moved to Montana from Texas. We've been here almost three years. It still amazes me to walk outside and see a sky full of stars, trees, mountains, creeks, wildlife. No buildings, no pollution. The air here is so crisp and fresh. Not a neighbor in sight. It's wonderful!
I was a city gal, grew up in Dallas. I thought at first I would miss the malls and pizza delivery and more than anything Chinese Delivery!!! But I really do love this small town and peaceful living. We started growing our vegetables and even growing herbs, some for food, some for medicinals. We have switched to all organically made cleaning products. It really is awesome. At night, the sky looks like someone spilled glitter all over it. Amazing.
We had a very mild winter this year, so spring is trying to come sooner. Alot of the spring birds are coming back now, expecting hummingbirds soon! The strawberry plants are starting to pop up, along with garlic and onions. We still get to freezing at night, 50's during the day. Bear should be waking up anytime now I suspect.
Our first year here, we had bear right on our porch, looking in our windows...it was a wild experience to say the least!! They love bird seed and will come back about the same time everynight to find it.
We finally built a birdfeeder that the bear can't break! You can see pictures of this at www.Wildvizionz.com, my photo website.
Ok, well, time to feed the dogs, horses and deer and then my own dinner!

No comments: