Wednesday, March 23

No way, Part 2

Actually, he was 10. They also arrested his teenage sister and brother and his fatherfor trying to bring Terri water. Wow. It really saddens me that Terri is starving to death right now. I understand that maybe Terri once said to her husband that she didn't want to live by machines, but it's not like a machine is controlling her breathing. She just has to be fed. Just like babies. Babies wouldn't live if we didn't feed them and care for them. I'm not one that usually gets all involved and takes sides, but this just doesn't feel right to me. Her husband has moved on and remarried, why does he care? Money?
Why can't the family who gave birth to her make these decisions? They are the ones that visit her everyday and take care of her. I can honestly say that I don't know Michael Shiavo's story, so I can't completely be against him, but it just does not feel right that a court or ex-husband can make the decision to pull a womans feeding tube and watch her starve to death over a few days time. It just feels so wrong to me.
That's about all that's new around here. George is doing much better today and will be home on Friday. He has decided to go back to work on Tues, but I knew he would. He wants to go back to his routine. George is a veterinarian in California. He travels there Tues-Fri each week and flies home Friday night, home Sat,Sun and Mon. Why does he work in California and live in Montana? He's board certified in Emergency and Critical Care. He trains residents in his specialty so that they can become board certified. Can't do that around here! The closest veterinary hospitals to us are each an hour away and we don't have any emergency animal hospitals that aren't 2-3 hours away.
It is nice when he is home to see the local pets. Our town was so happy when he moved in!! Everybody knew we were coming before we even got here. (Read 'Small Town Life' Post)
It's time to feed the herd. Who knows, I might be back later.

No comments: