You know, everytime I sit here and think" Man I'm getting so bored in this small town. I miss the malls! I miss pizza delivery!! I miss going to Friday's and having beer and appetizers", somethink like a school shooting happens. Man, what next? I hate turning on the news these days.
The worst thing that has happened in our town in the last 3 years, is mailbox bashing, and some graffiti. We've had three mailboxes so far!!
I love that there's no crime. I love that I'm not scared to be home alone. The only thing that scares me is going outside at night during bear season.
My biggest concerns here is keeping the wood stove going, and feeding animals. It's nice. I'm lucky. The deer are staring at me as I type.
We have to drive over an hour for a Walmart, Home Depot, or fast food. Two and half hours to an airport. Two hours to the closest Aveda salon!! (That's a killer). I love fancy salons and Aveda products. Thanks goodness for online shopping. I have learned that I can get almost anything delivered to my house. I've become quite the hermit.
Schwans delivers food. I know my UPS guy personally. My dogs love the UPS guy, he brings them cookies. Of course, now they expect cookies from ANY delivery guy. Actually they expect cookies from anyone that comes to the door. Thanks UPS guy!
"Somtimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name" (Cheers music inserted here).
That's another small town quality. Good or Bad? I'm not sure yet. Yes it's nice to walk into the post office, or the local store and everyone knows you. Hi Bob, Hi Larry......Hi Leesa...........If you forget your checkbook, it's o.k. pay tomorrow. If your car dies, about 20 different people will pull over to help you.
But, there's not much privacy. Everyone knows I got a new car. Everyone knows George's son died on Friday. Everyone knows I got a new dog. Everyone knows when and where we went on vacation. It freaked us out at first, but we're used to it now. You learn all the secrets and gossip of those around you. And it doesn't take long.
At night all the dogs around bark at each other. It makes me think of 101 Dalmations when the dogs are sending messages to each other all over the world.....Wait a minute............................
Maybe that's how everyone knows our business?!?!? It's my big mouth dogs!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment