We have had a tragedy in our family. My husbands oldest son passed away in his sleep on Fri morning. We don't know what happened yet. He was out with friends on St. Patricks Day, drinking alcohol and partying with his friends, he came home went to bed and never woke up. He was 20 years old.
They have done an autopsy with no results. We are waiting for blood tests and toxicology reports.
So shocking. So surreal. Life can take you at any moment. I'm still in shock and speechless.
We've had many friends and family call, but nobody knows what to say. I don't know what to say. It's beyond words I think.
I know I've said this in many of my posts, but take advantage of every day you have. Hug your kids, tell them you love them. Eat dessert. End a long quarrel. Enjoy every day, you never know when it will be taken from you.
Say your prayers for us and anyone who's lost a child. I don't have children myself, but I can see what my husband is going through and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Now, go kiss your husband, wife, mom, dad, children, and tell them how much you love them!!
5 comments:
I am so sorry, Leesa. I just met you, and my heart is breaking for you and your husband. I have learned something from being a mother. No matter how old your children are, they are still your babies. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Leesa,
Wow, I am so sorry for your and your husband's loss. Unfathomable. On another note though, I absolutely love your blog and I would like to link you..(you visited mine last night), so drop me an email at theartfulblogger@hotmail.com and let me know if that's ok with you.
~L.
Leesa - my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope that the doctors are able to give you some conclusive answers about what happened.
Leesa, I'm sorry to hear about this. I just came from watching a movie that got me thinking about my little girl and how much my life is what it is because of her. I will love her twice when she comes home Monday. (Thanks for visiting my blog.)
I am new to your blog so I had to backtrack a few posts. Please accept my slightly belated condolences. How sad that it happened so unexpectedly, to a young man who was seemingly in good health. I hope you and your husband somehow find strength through this difficult time. And even when one hears about things like this happening to someone they barely know, it definitely puts things in perspective.
Post a Comment