Ok, has anyone seen Napolean Dynamite? At first I thought it was boring, and couldn't believe it was a movie. But as it went on it started to be funny. I watched it again (PPV, pay once can watch all day) and this time I laughed alot. Napolean's mannerisms and phrases are funny. I have a feeling these phrases will be the new thing. "Friggin Idiot!!" Check it out, you may have to watch it twice. http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/ndsound.php
Ray is on this week too, would like to see that. I will give my review then :).
***
Life is back to normal today. George is in CA till friday, today is laundry/clean house day. I always do this after he leaves, so much easier!! Between him and Brock, this house stays dirty when he's home. They both bring in more dirt than anyone I've ever seen!!
We recently had all the floors done in our house, upstairs all Pergo, downstairs all vinyl. No more carpet for me!! It's too wet and muddy here, or dusty depending on season, and with pets you can't keep carpet clean. PLUS, have you ever used a steam cleaner and seen what comes out of your carpet? Blech-y.
Not that the Pergo is perfect, now I can see every footprint from every animal. Real cute. We have alot of windows in our house, so on a sunny day you can see every speck of dirt. Drives me crazy!!! Have they invented self cleaning floors yet?
***
I've been trying to come up with some kind of memorial for G with pictures and momento's of his son, David. I bought an album to put it all in, but it just doesn't do it for me. I can usually be creative, but nothing's coming to me. Any ideas?
4 comments:
Have you ventured over to my site lately? I made a shadow box of momentos of my Dad's memorabilia from when he was in the Greek Army. Tomorrow mid-morning or so, I'll post some more pics of another shadow box I made for my friend John & his son Chance ~ they love to fish, so I made a fisherman's collector's shadow box, so check back on that one too! You can make something like that, if you want... it displays all kinds of special memories of your husbnd's son.
~Marianna
Hi Marianna, I did see your shadow box!! I've kept it in mind too, but so far all I have are pictures and sympathy cards,etc. Still trying to decide how to work with those. I will definitely look at your photo's tomorrow! Is that a frame with material behind it?? I need to go re-read it now! :o)
Yeah, I bought burlap, actually, & glued it to the backboard of the shadow box, then I added all my goodies & glued them on top of the burlap. The shadow box is actually an inch deep or so. You'll see better dimensions once I get the pics of the fisherman's shadow box posted this morning. I have another idea for you, but I have to wait til I take a picture of it this weekend ~ it's a padded album that I made for my friend's daughter for her birthday this past weekend. I'll take a picture of it this weekend & post it next week. It's kinda hard to explain here... maybe a visual will help! :) But this way, you can preserve all the cards & letters & pictures.
And then, you could take some of the special memories & put them in the shadow box as a 2nd idea?
Hmmm...Do you have all flat stuff or some chunky stuff, too? Send me an email with sizes and schtuff...I WANT TO GO TO MONTANA.
~L.
Post a Comment