Saturday, December 29

Day 1

Well, let me first start off with this statement: I have never seen this much snow here. It's just crazy. There is over a foot of snow just on the railing around my house. It's pretty wild. I should be able to get some great shots today.

So anyway, the drive. It was pretty bad, but not too stressful. I have a great car, so I wasn't freaked or anything. But.. the snow was crazy, the roads were a mess in certain places especially most of Idaho. Montana was/is covered in snow, which is much easier to drive in. Idaho was ice and slush, which is NOT fun, but the car did great.














What normally would take me about 2.5 ours, took me 3.5 hours. Spokane roads and highways were fine. I picked up sis and nephew and headed back. We hit some major snow on the way back, but again, the drive wasn't too awful. I left the house at 8:30am and got home about 5pm. I was really tired of being in the car. As soon as we got home, they hit the 4wheeler and played in the snow, of course.















The neighbors did come by and pick up Cody for awhile, sledding and tubing in the snow in the dark. I do think that's the most fun :)
Everyone's getting together around noon today for tubing/sledding/bonfire/cookout. Should be a fun day and great photos.














I took these last two shots last night, just trying to show the depth of the snow. This morning, my car is already covered again and it's still snowing.














Amy has lots of shoveling to do :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow

~grey said...

Double WoW!

that is so really deep snow you have there!

Osbasso said...

Just to clarify--Montana is a big state. We don't have so much as a snowflake on the ground here! Glad that your car is taking care of you though. Did you ever see "The Shining"?

chez bez said...

Beautiful shots. Makes me almost want to shovel. Almost.

Anonymous said...

Jeeze Louise - that is a bunch of snow! Sounds like a shoveling party is in order! :)

Marianna said...

I meant to ask you ~ did you have to use chains on the roads? I can't imagine driving in that!

M~