This is a problem. They are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. They don't sting, because if they did I'd be dead by now for sure, but they are just obnoxious. They cover all the feeders and chase off the hummingbirds. I have never had this problem. It sucks :(
I have never seen such a bee (?)! Do you know what kind it is? I wonder what you can do to combat them. Bee spray? Would that help (without spraying the feeder, of course). Do you have a nest of them somewhere?
OH MY GOD! They look like a smaller version of our white tailed wasps. MAN!! That's DISGUSTING! Poor wee hummers. Man!! I don't know what you can do, other than take the feeder down for a day or so.
Yikes! I don't know what to do about those. You make your own hummingbird juice don't you? Are you trying a new recipe or is this the same recipe as always? I know you don't like pesticides, so the only other suggestion I have is to take the feeders down for a day or two like Wendy said, but I bet they'd find them again anyway. YIKES! I'm glad they don't sting! Stacie
5 comments:
I have never seen such a bee (?)! Do you know what kind it is? I wonder what you can do to combat them. Bee spray? Would that help (without spraying the feeder, of course). Do you have a nest of them somewhere?
M~
OH MY GOD! They look like a smaller version of our white tailed wasps. MAN!! That's DISGUSTING! Poor wee hummers. Man!! I don't know what you can do, other than take the feeder down for a day or so.
Yikes! I don't know what to do about those. You make your own hummingbird juice don't you? Are you trying a new recipe or is this the same recipe as always? I know you don't like pesticides, so the only other suggestion I have is to take the feeders down for a day or two like Wendy said, but I bet they'd find them again anyway. YIKES! I'm glad they don't sting!
Stacie
oooooooh ewww ew ew ewwww!! those are SCARY!!!
I second what kittenhead said.... eeewww.
what are they???
Post a Comment