
He's got the right idea. What a long day it was.
First... the airport for sis and nephew is DFW, so they have to drive about 3 hours to get there, AND..an hour before their flight. So.. they left around 3am for the airport.
Our airport in Spokane is 2.5 hours away, so we left our house around 9:30 to meet them. They should have landed at noon.
Without going into all of it, they landed at TWO. Luckily I didn't drive there alone, so finding something to do for two hours wasn't as hard to do.
So.. they land at two. We pick them up... all is good. Let's head home. When almost to Sandpoint, traffic stopped. Literally. Stopped. We were a parking lot. Luckily I brought my laptop, so I got online. Hubs was on a phone call that seemed to take forever. Sis and son wandered out of the car for awhile. People were out walking on the highway, walking dogs etc. I think we sat there for a half hour.
It eventually let up and we started moving, never knowing why we were stopped in the first place. I think I even saw someone wandering around with a camera :)
We stopped to pick up homemade pizzas from a deli near town and headed home to cook them there. It was a long day.
Cody did get on a horse for the first time ever.. even bareback! Something new to photograph :)
Now it's late.. and everyone's asleep except me.
The usual :)
7 comments:
I love this shot of Cody! Email it to me & I'll print it out for Amy.
I'm glad they finally made it. Sheesh. What a long day!
M~
Wow...that's some traffic!
Well, if it's any consolation...I wish I were asleep right now! ;)
Yikes! That is one looooooong day!
I love the pic of Cody on horseback. Stacie
lol he looks relaxed.
very fun photo....
I think that is the perfect summer pic.
mmmmm pizza.......
You are the coolest aunt ever and I'm sure Cody thinks you are the bomb diggety.
~L.
Wish I was still small enough to take a nap on a horses back. What a great shot. Enjoy the time with your family.
Post a Comment