
Wow.. it's been awhile since I've written anything here. I guess I've decided to express myself more through photography than words. I wonder if it's working?
Just recently I saw words I wasn't supposed too. By the way of a couple of email forwards/replies and conversations between other people, I saw words about me. It honestly wasn't viewing something I wasn't supposed too or sneakily, but merely an accident where these people weren't paying attention to where the words were going.
What hit me was that although the words weren't necessarily untrue, seeing it in print was a bit of an "ouch". I am definitely one who can see my own faults and what my words here, or my photos might say, to see someone else make those statements about me set me back a bit. Basically an "ouch".
My feelings aren't necessarily hurt I guess, but it does make you take stock. I guess you should always be careful on the internet and emails, what you say about others. I guess you can pick out your own faults and it's okay, but when you see other people talking about them, it's surprising in a way.
Anyway.. just one of those things that happens that makes you stop and reflect about yourself.
So on to something else....
The bear are back. I haven't seen one personally yet, but they did manage to steal a couple of bird feeders the other night. What's funny of course, and again I would call "leesa's law", is I had just said that night at dinner that I needed to bring the feeders in because it's about that time. heh.
It's already starting to feel more winter-ish than fall-ish. We got wood ready for the fireplace, turned off the sprinkler systems and exchanged flip-flops and sandals for boots and waterproof shoes. Even the flannels and jackets came out. Lowest so far at night = 43. I'm ready for winter again.... bring it on.
Course, don't quote me if we get snow like last year ;)
Our poor gardens might not make it, as the tomatoes are still green and the peppers pretty small. I need to invest in a greenhouse.
Football season starts this weekend, and I talked the hubs into switching TV's with me. If you recall from Seattle, I purchased a 52" plasma HD TV for the house there. Well, I've rarely been able to spend time there, so he's going to switch with me. He's not a big TV or sports guy anyway, so no arguments there. I'm excited :) The Wii should be pretty fun on it too I bet.
Well..I can't think of anything else. Time for some kind of lunch.
8 comments:
Ouch on the email snafu. Though I must commend you on your thoughtful assessment of the situation. There's alot of people who would attack, accuse, and toss out perfectly good friendships because of it. Does this sound like I might know what it's like?? I hope you don't dwell on it too much.
We're definitely in the "fall" mode here. Though I think we got down to 36 over the weekend, and you saw the snow... These are the days that I like though--warm days, cool nights.
I was wondering about that TV! Wii would be totally cool on it! The cats will love it too!
I've told you that you're a dork for years. Can't be toooo much of a surprise. ;)
You know, *technically* it's still summer until the 22nd (I think)... but I agree, even on sunny days it's still a little on the cool side here in Seattle.
I'm not complaining, I prefer the cold weather myself.
definitely fall going on winter here... we have even had snow in higher areas.... our lows are in the mid 30's.
I must commend you on your thought process, in regards to the email thing.
You're the bigger person for reacting this way....
Anyways!!! Did you purchase the Wii yet? Wii Fit??
It will be great on the big tv!
"Football season starts this weekend"
YAY!! I love me some football! :)
Funny....someone mentioned to me this morning, "You probably had all your friends going back through their emails making sure it wasn't them".. kinda made me laugh.
It wasn't my intention to post that for that reason, btw.
Mike.. I prefer the cold weather too, 37 this morning!
*
Grey.. Haven't gotten the Wii yet.. probably next week or so. I'm excited :)
*
Stacy.. I know! I even have my Romo jersey ;)
*
John.. :P
*
Os.. I guess I could have different feelings about it and been mad, but like I said in the post, they weren't necessarily lying. Just surprised me that others would talk about it. But, honestly it shouldn't surprise me at all.
No dwelling here.
Winter would be nice... but we're still dealing with 120 average!
M~
Not sure how I missed this post, but it always takes me by suprise the things others say about me too when things like that happen..not necessarily untrue, but suprising to hear nonetheless.
I'm going to remind you in a couple of weeks when you get snow that you asked for it! :P
I honestly hope to high heaven you dont' get it like last year, that was just ridiculous.
Nobody on earth should ever have to call in a back hoe to get to the grocery store! LOL
I've noticed your photos lately...not that I don't usually, but I have noticed that you are able to express yourself through them in a way I wish I could. You have an eye for things like that...rub my sleeve will ya, I'd like an ounce of that talent to rub off on me. You inspire me so much through your photography. I wish you knew. They amaze me, but sometimes I feel like I can only say "wow!" so many times before it doesn't seem genuine ya know? I want to say WOW at every single one of them! LOL
And tell John, it takes one to know one!
Stacie
Post a Comment