Sunday, September 30

Bet You Didn't Know It

















Sit for a moment
And listen to my tale
I have a bear around my house
We'll just call her Gail

She's decided this is her home
Her and baby often roam
It used to be cute
Got photos galore
But what do you do
When she eats through your door?

Is it trash that she seeks
Or the animal feed
There's also some hay
And some sunflower seeds

I guess if you look at it
In a comical way
I'm technically running
A 24 hour bear buffet

But winter is close
And soon she will sleep
She will not be missed
We will not weep

Three doors we've gone through
It hasn't been fun
But I've given up
It's over, I'm done

Her food supply is gone
And it's for the best
And so ends this poem
Aren't you impressed?

7 comments:

Osbasso said...

Can I get your autograph now, before you become a famous published poet!

Marianna said...

Very impressed! :)

M~

~grey said...

Love it!

Not the bear... the poem!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed.. you now have poetry to go with your pictures!! The Bear is pretty impressive.. You've got to hand it to her.... she doesn't give up!

Nature Girl said...

wow! I AM impressed! Very cool!~
love the pics too, but I can see how she wouldn't be missed much if she went into hibernation a bit early this year. LOL
Stacie

Moosekahl said...

Frost, some ice, and upper timberline snow? Doesn't she know to dig her den? And yes, I'm impressed.

Peruby said...

It got a couple of giggles out of me!