Where I grew up in MI, we had a Deer Reserve, a place where there were several deer in extremely large fenced in pens, many of which had been injured by hunters or cars and had been taken there to heal. You could go there, pay .25c per bag of corn and feed the deer. At this time of year, I always felt so sorry for them rubbing incessantly to get the felt off their antlers...I imagine it to be an itch you just can't satisfy and go nuts torturing yourself to get it. Made me feel so bad for them. I always gave those deer extra corn.... Stacie
2 comments:
Where I grew up in MI, we had a Deer Reserve, a place where there were several deer in extremely large fenced in pens, many of which had been injured by hunters or cars and had been taken there to heal. You could go there, pay .25c per bag of corn and feed the deer. At this time of year, I always felt so sorry for them rubbing incessantly to get the felt off their antlers...I imagine it to be an itch you just can't satisfy and go nuts torturing yourself to get it. Made me feel so bad for them. I always gave those deer extra corn....
Stacie
Ok, disregard previous question. Derrr. I see it now.
Wow, that's just so amazing, but scary too! Can you imagine the damage they'd do to a human? (I say good!)
M~
Post a Comment