We (microchickie and I) headed out first thing in the morning to the Japanese Gardens. Fed a few ducks first, then saw this beautiful heron in the pond. The closest I've ever been to one. Yeah, I was excited.
We then headed to the Cougar Mountain Zoo for a birthday party. Had the tour, watched baby tigers, had cake and ice cream.. the usual.
Then, headed on over to the Woodland Park Zoo to check out the butterfly gardens. It wasn't quite like it was the first time I went, most of the butterflies stuck to the sides and you couldn't really get near them.
We saw a few fun gorillas and bear.. then, headed home.
Picked up dinner and vegged while watching Chickie unload about 1000 photos off her camera. She likes to take pictures from moving cars I've noticed :)
I then went home and molded into the couch and didn't move the rest of the evening.
Good day :)






6 comments:
Beautiful shots, I can see I need to visit the Japanese Gardens myself! I especially like the lily pad shot at the bottom.
Sounds like a perfect day. I ran into a couple herons last weekend when I was in South Dakota. Of course I was driving and they were in ponds that I would have had to do some serious off roading or bushwhacking to get to but they are still a site to see.
Those koi were fixin to have us for dinner. They were HUGE!
:)
I had a good day with you, too!
M~
There's a Blue Heron rookery north of the Kenmore Park & Ride. Not sure how many are there right now, but in the spring, you can see dozens landing in the tops of trees that look like they're too small to support the weight of the nests, let alone the birds.
very nice photos....
Sounds like the two of you had a great day!
Love the fish photo... to me they look like they are trying to talk to you.... "feed us..."
For a fleeting moment... I thought the Koi fish.... was a photo of two fireboats putting out a fire on the middle boat. I hope I don't need glasses.
~S
Post a Comment