Sunday, September 16

More Shopping

Marianna and I went to Whole Foods Market today. I'd forgotten what a neat store this was. I could spend awhile in there, which was funny since they only have 1hour parking.
I was a little nervous about taking photos in there, especially since I had the monster camera with me, but I had to take photos of the peppers. There was a guy next to me taking photos too, so I wasn't too weird :)














I've been shopping a few times with Marianna in the last week or so, and she is indeed a strange shopper. She must have hidden this from me the first few times we went, but she let it all out yesterday.
Apparently, she arranges her items in her cart on how she wants them to go down the belt. And, they have to be in a certain order to go down the belt too. I, on the other hand, just throw everything in there. I told her if she didn't like it, she could change it. And she did.














We've frequented Fred Meyer quite often, but I decided that's not that weird since we're both trying to adjust to a new place and not having everything you need. But, as I shop with her more and more, I realize just how strange she is. If you thought she was a bit strange from her blog.. well.. you were right.
But.. I shouldn't complain. It's nice to have someone to run around town with. Even if her car doesn't like Seattle, or any kind of hill.














I head back to Montana on Tuesday, but it will be a short trip as I head right back here on Wednesday night. I will bring a couple more little kitlets with me and probably hang out for the weekend and the greek festival. After that, I'm afraid, my trips will lessen since winter weather will be approaching pretty soon and driving back and forth so frequently won't be an option.














It's a cool and rainy day here today, really nice. The kittens and I have been pretty lazy. Maybe I'll have some sun tomorrow and head out somewhere. I need some new photos.
Or maybe I'll just head back to the grocery store :)

15 comments:

Marianna said...

Oh you suck. :P

Ok, let the record show the following:

Yesterday, when we were in Fred Meyer, yes, I put the groceries on the belt in a certain order. When we went to the front of the line, I asked the gal if she prefers it when customers put things in a certain order on the belt. Guess what? Not only did that girl say yes, so did the other one, next to her. So NEENER!

And by a certain order, I mean... non-perishables, then perishables, then other items (not food related), then produce, eggs, & bread.

I wrote a book. Bye!

M~

Unknown said...

I always line groceries on the belt by container. Canned items, boxed items, fresh items (meats with meats, veggies with veggies, etc.), and then non-food items.

It may still be strange, but there's more than a few strange shoppers out there! ;)

Marianna said...

Seeeeeee! Thank you, Courtney!

M~

Marianna said...

And don't be crackin' on Inga. She's the little engine that could! She just doesn't like your hill... LOL

M~

Ronnie Ruiz said...

Which whole foods place is this? I'll be there in a couple weeks, for a week, and am always looking for good eats!

LEA said...

Okay, sign me up for the strange shopper group. I sort my groceries also, veggies & fruits first, then boxed & canned, frozen foods & meats....and lastly, the non food things. And I also do it very organized and neatly. LOL

Yes, I'm weird that way.

Leesa said...

OK..fine..

I'M the weird one :P

Laura said...

Leesa,
You're not weird-I do the same thing. I can't be bothered to ~sort~ while I'm there. Now when I get home? Everything has to be put away a certain way and all cans have to face forward.

I'm only a little weird.
~L.

Im A Foto Nut said...

The photos are lovely. I can't help but think with produce like that, that they have people in there all the time with cameras. They probably think nothing of it by now.

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the produce! I still can't believe what great pics you take!!

Shephard said...

I'm laughing at the grocery order thing... I am somewhere in between... I group the veggies together, and everything else just sort of finds its way down the belt. Though I do have a strict rule about keeping large heavy things away from the bread and chips.

I am actually surprised at your 1-hour parking, because I was just at our Whole Foods this weekend, and I parked right in front of the sign that says 2-hour parking limit. Strange that your WF would be different. They sell Uncle Eddie's Vegan Cookies... and they're wonderful. Try them. :)

~S :)

Marianna said...

Let the record also show that you uttered the words: "I'M the weird one".

:P
M~

~grey said...

I with Leesa, on this one... that is just plain wierd! LOL

I just toss the things on the belt. If I took the time to arrange them... I would be there all day!

LOVE the photos.... I find myself feeling foolish for taking photos, in a public place.

Leesa said...

I love your pepper pictures. And I too place things in a certain order when checking out.

justsomeguy said...

I was once a bagger at the local supermarket. I tend to put stuff on the belt according to what I want bagged together. Cold with cold. Cans with cans. Bread and eggs last. It works out pretty good for the most part.