These guys won the Grammy for Best Country Instrumental Performance in 2002! Very cool to see Steve Martin playing second fiddle (so to speak) to such legends, yet easily holding his own!
Ha! This is cool! There is a place in Gettysburg right off the roundabout that has open jam every Friday night for bluegrass/banjo etc...it's not a bar or anything, but like a store almost...it's pretty cool. Dave and I have been wanting to get up there on a Friday to see it for awhile now.
Steve Martin playing the violin? I thought Marianna was losing it before she corrected herself. And then I thought Bea Arthur had gotten short and that Morley Safer was playing banjo! Thank God I hung in there.
And Hubs plays banjo and violin? It's like living with Charles freakin' Ingalls! You're so lucky!
I almost stood up and started clapping! That was awsome! I loved it! I had no idea Steve Martin played... I so love to hear fiddle, banjo and harmonica. I have a harmonica, have had one for years and years and years and never learned to play. I do love to make some noise with it though... Too cool that hubs plays...do you think he'd let you make a vid? Stacie
9 comments:
my brother played the banjo =) so ...y.eah....brings back good memories......
These guys won the Grammy for Best Country Instrumental Performance in 2002! Very cool to see Steve Martin playing second fiddle (so to speak) to such legends, yet easily holding his own!
Where's Ricky Skaggs? He's another good picker!
Ha! This is cool! There is a place in Gettysburg right off the roundabout that has open jam every Friday night for bluegrass/banjo etc...it's not a bar or anything, but like a store almost...it's pretty cool. Dave and I have been wanting to get up there on a Friday to see it for awhile now.
I'll take pics...
~L.
Wow, I never knew Steve Martin could play the fiddle!
M~
Banjo. :P
M~
Steve Martin playing the violin? I thought Marianna was losing it before she corrected herself. And then I thought Bea Arthur had gotten short and that Morley Safer was playing banjo! Thank God I hung in there.
And Hubs plays banjo and violin? It's like living with Charles freakin' Ingalls! You're so lucky!
I almost stood up and started clapping! That was awsome! I loved it! I had no idea Steve Martin played...
I so love to hear fiddle, banjo and harmonica. I have a harmonica, have had one for years and years and years and never learned to play. I do love to make some noise with it though...
Too cool that hubs plays...do you think he'd let you make a vid?
Stacie
I played in a bluegrass gospil group on time with a guy that could throw down on the banjo. I totally respect any one that can pick like that!
Post a Comment