This one decided to show up in the middle of the day. I caught her inspecting my feeders before telling her no. She listens.. it's wild.

For two days I had a baby showing up by herself. Yesterday she met up with this one. It was pretty neat to watch and I'll post those photos later. I think big bird took her under her wing :)
12 comments:
lol...I love how she's peeking up over the railing at you. These guys are too funny with listening to you. I love it!
Stacie
LMAO!!! Soon we are going to have to call you Grizzly Leesa!
MT Leesa: "It was pretty neat to watch and I'll post those photos later."
GA Leesa: "I soiled a perfectly good pair of undies when I saw this animal in my yard."
MT Leesa's reaction to seeing a bear in the yard: grab the camera.
GA Leesa's reaction to seeing a bear in the yard: putting the house up for sale.
Or maybe we should call you Ursa Major. :)
Great shot. A little skeery (as Marianna would say, lol).
~S
They're beautiful. Puts my scolding a pair of raccoons at my garbage can to shame. Leesa commands BEARS.
Yeah, skeery indeed!
I laughed at GA Leesa's comment ~ I'd be doing the same thing!
M~
A baby as in "too young to really be on her own" baby? I thought they stayed with their momma's longer than that, don't they? I thought it was like a year or two before they left their mom's care. But then again, she very well may be a year old already. A one year old bear baby is STILL a baby...but a BIG one! :)
At least she hooked up with another....that's so sweet!
To a Brit such as myself this is absolutely utterly amazing! :o))
Great photos Leesa!! Don't ya just love this time of year for the photos?! We have tons of wildlife to watch ... but I would truly just shit myself if a bear came into my yard!! There have been sightings in nearby towns, but none here, to my knowledge.
I'll still jealous of the super awesome shots you get to take because of having so much cool nature and wildlife around you!
Your pictures are utterly amazing and incredible and fill me with envy. The sheer pleasure you must get at the opportunity to actually capture these moments.... It's really fantastic, do you spend hours just watching for some animal to appear or is it just
chance/serendipity ? whatever or however you do it don't stop - I just wish to Hell I could do it - wow !! Cheers from Scotland - where there are also 'wild things' though usually not of the 'animal variety ! hehehe Cheers Kate x.
I have noted yours and Gemmak's blog details and I will be back to visit.... Byeee.
Thanks, Kate :)
I don't usually wait for them to appear, since there's usually signs. Either I'll have a cat at the door that wants in quickly, or I'll see the deer race.. something like that.
But there's been many times that I just happen to look outside and catch them.
Like the bear standing up above this post.. pure coincindence that I looked outside :)
Post a Comment