I also read recently where a couple of actresses keep their calorie intake at 900 a day. Then.. even better, I watched a special the other night about cheerleading. There were girls on there that just didn't eat. One girl, who was already tiny... like 4'10 and 90 pounds, still felt she was too fat. She maintained a 200 calorie a day diet. TWO HUNDRED CALORIES a day.

Just for the hell of it one day, I monitored my calorie intake. Now mind you, I'm not a huge eater. I don't keep sweets in the house and I rarely eat bread or carbs. I still went way over 900 calories a day.
I was a cheerleader in high school, I guess it was just different back then. We didn't all starve ourselves. Sure, we ate "salads" for lunch just because it was the thing to do. But after school we all headed to the nearest sub shop/hangout and pigged out on snacks and sandwiches.
I certainly understand the pressure to be thin and pretty. I've never been a "skinny" girl. I've tried many diets and exercise plans. I still can't imagine living on lettuce, beans or strawberries to be a certain size. Maybe it's just me. I like enjoying my food.
While I'm on the TV watching subject, I watched a documentary the other night on the USS Indianapolis. This was an amazing and very sad story. I don't think I took too many breaths while they sat in that water waiting and waiting.
Soon after ( loving my TV watching schedule?).. I watched two movies.
Open Water: this was an awful movie. But one, that kept you there wondering what would happen. You felt terrible after and it certainly made you look at scuba diving differently.
Right after was this movie~
Open Water 2 : Another bad movie, I'm sure neither did well at the box office, but just scary and sad.
All three tragic water movies one after the other. Like I said, makes you feel differently about the water.
And of course, my hubs wants a boat. heh.
3 comments:
I don't know who's pushing this scarecrow thin look as "beauty" but it sure doesn't work for me. I'm a fan of the Rubenesque concept of beauty, I prefer curves to bony protrusions.
that whole skeletal look makes me scared to death for the kind of environment and peer pressure my little neices are growing up in. My neice at 7 years of age commented to me at Christmas time that she thought one of the teen actresses on the disney channel was fat...she was a stick!
As much as I want to loose weight, I want to do it to be HEALTHY and bones sticking out all over isn't it. The whole thing is just sad.
Wow, that's a scary story about that teen model. Your body gives you signs that you aren't doing well ~ I'm glad she listened.
M~
Post a Comment