Monday, May 12

In-Senses

Spring is still trying.. slowly. The birds/ducks are everywhere. Not sure where the turkeys went.
Deer everywhere.. I expect Bear any day. I actually dreamt about bear last night, I wonder if that's a sign?

Last two days it rained and was pretty chilly with the wind. I did do some work in the garden but just not the same with no sunshine.

Normally you will find burning candles in my home.. I love candles, especially ones that smell like food or sweets.
Well when I was wondering around Walmart the other day I saw incense. I haven't had incense since at least the 80's I think. So I think, what the hell.. much cheaper than candles.
It was so wild to smell incense burning. Reminded me of elementary school and hanging with my pot-smoking babysitters..lol. The first couple were a little weird ( the incense), but after that I really loved how the house smelled. Of course visitors might start to wonder, eh?
The cats started acting really wierd too.. hmmmmmmmm.




































*click em' to big em'*

7 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I was rummaging thru my spare room (aka junk room) and found a bag of the stick incense that was stuck in a box YEARS ago. Now you make me wonder what it smells like when it's burning!

I still have incense burners for the little cone type incense. Do they even still make those little incense cones? I'll have to check! :)

Leesa said...

Stacy.. I didn't see the cones, only the sticks. And I had to buy one of those long wooden stands to burn it on. Kinda funny :)
I might be addicted though.

Osbasso said...

Sure...blame it on the babysitters!

Nature Girl said...

I LOVE incense! LOL I rediscovered it about a year ago, I hadn't had it since the 80's either...LOL..

They have some really good fragrances out there, and then some really ICKY ones too...I wonder where my burner is....
Stacie

~grey said...

I only burn one kind of incense... it is in a blue box. I think the name is Nag Champa. It is from India. It is a very crisp clean smell... lingers a long time too. It isn't to overpowering...

If you want I can send you some.
I think M~ used to burn this kind too. I can buy it here... in a specialty store, but my son bought me this box... when he was in India.

I love it.

Marianna said...

Yes! Nag champa!!! It's super strong, but man! The scent it leaves behind ~ even a day or two later, I can still smell it. We're not allosed to light incense here. Darn it.

If you find it, buy a box. You will really like it, I think.

M~

Shephard said...

Gorgeous shot of the hummingbird on the tip of the pine tree. Love his colorful neck.
~S