Saturday, July 26

Hay Day

Yesterday was hay day. Because of some problems last minute, I wound up with no trailer and no help to get hay.
This is where the small town hospitality kicks in and you gotta love it.

A guy who just moved here a few months ago called because he heard we needed help loading hay. We then told him our problems and he wound up finding several boys and a trailer to get our hay.
With Amy's help everything was handled and we have hay.

They all showed up about 4pm and started working until after 11pm. At one point they even had a flat on the flatbed and had to unload all of the hay onto another trailer.

I hadn't met one boy before that day. They were glad to help.

Impressive.

p.s. This is only one load of 4.




9 comments:

Marianna said...

My God, that's a lot of hay!

M~

John said...

Hay now...

Mackey said...

I love stories like this. How awesome to see people pulling together.

Wendy said...

I'm with Mackey - ... just when you think the world is just a horrible place, something like this gives hope and shows that there are indeed alot of good people out there.

~grey said...

WOW!
Cody sure looks like he is enjoying himself... actually he looks right at home up there. :)

What do you do with all that hay??

Moosekahl said...

Love small towns! Can't say I know any city kids that would jump in like that to help a stranger.

Nature Girl said...

That's awsome Leesa! Impressive indeed! Glad it's over and you don't have to worry about that for awhile now. Holy Cow though, I gotta say...3 horses sure do eat a lot of hay! YIKES!
Stacie

Malifacent said...

WOW that is wonderful to be surrounded by such helpful and genuine neighbors. As Stacie said, awesome! Oh, and that is a LOT of hay!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That's awesome...:)

We have a neighbor like that. The PK had a day off and was unloading a pick-up truck full of sand to build our front porch. It was SCORCHING outside but our neighbor saw and came to help him.

It's VERY nice to know there's still people like that in the world, isn't it?