Tuesday, July 29

The Canon Wins














There have been little stories here and there throughout the week that I thought about blogging about. Once I get home and sit down, it doesn't seem so interesting to me anymore.
Although, I do have one that has stuck with me and we still laugh about so I thought I'd share it.

Last week we went to Kootenai Falls for the hike and the swinging bridge. Seems to be a yearly thing. It's a beautiful spot and it's a fun trip. This trip though I really didn't think about the shoes I was wearing.
It does have some rocky trails to follow and it can tend to be a bit sandy. I was wearing converse which don't have the best traction. No biggie.. I just walked slower, plus I was carrying my canon, so I'm careful.

We were walking along the trail, my sis was next to me and the hubs was up ahead with the dog, and I fell. Yep.. tripped right over a rock, me and the camera went tumbling. And yeah, it hurt. I was injured. Funny thing though, and a surprise, I didn't think of the camera. I was thinking of my ankle that didn't want to work and the wrist I landed on. I survived and yeah it's still bruised and a little swollen, but.. the best part is after I fell, my sister went for the camera. Her automatic response was to save the camera.
At first she felt bad, then we laughed. I told her it wasn't odd at all for someone to think of the item that's that expensive.. and yeah it did get a little scuffed and dirty, but works fine.

Me on the other hand, limped for days and still have a big ol' bruise and swelling.

Nope.. no pictures. :P

7 comments:

Osbasso said...

Oh, you and I are the opposite. I've been in a couple of situations where I've fallen with my horn, and I've always sacrificed my body to save the horn. Of course, not down a rocky trail... Glad it came out fine. Sorry you didn't!

Pictures would have been appropriate though...

~grey said...

hmmm...
I probably would have gone for the camera too.
Glad to hear you aren't hurting to badly...

John said...

Yikes, i'm glad you're ok.

Amy just scared you wouldn't be able to take her crazy jumping photos without the camera?

Marianna said...

Oh my gosh. I would have been like Amy ~ gone for the camera. Yours is so nice!

But I'm glad you're ok!

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I do the same thing with beer if I fall. I can bust my ass but it's like my hand has a life of it's own "SAVE THE BEER!" and not spill a drop. ;)

Glad to hear you're on the mend! :)

Great picture too...:)

Nature Girl said...

LOL I think I need Amy along on my hikes...I'm always worried when I fall about my camera but if someone else worried about it for me, I'd be able to fall a little more gracefully (in theory of course) ;P Glad you weren't hurt too badly and hope it's all feeling better now! There's insurance on camera's, but we only have ONE Leesa!
Stacie

Leesa said...

What's funny is that I ALWAYS think of the cameras.. this was so odd that I didn't.
Maybe seeing her pick it up so quickly, my mind wandered over to my injury instead.

Usually I'm the one that's cradling that camera like a baby.