I went outside last night when I saw a couple of comments about this on Flickr. Alas, solid cloud cover. I'll look again tonight but I'm not hopeful...
This was pretty cool ~ I saw it last nite. I need to post the photo I took in December of the moon, Venus & Jupiter (??) I took. Was it Jupiter? I can't remember.
I wondered what was next to the moon last night! It was so clear here last night when the storm was finally past. The moon and Jupiter were dead centered in the window of my back door.
Look over by saturn, in the east-southeast, and you can see the comet Luin. Well, you need clear dark skys and a binoc, but its a greyish looking blur.
I have a small 4 inch scope, and with that its a dim green/blue. However I did not have a good sky to see it so i couldnt see the two tails. yes, two of them, one pointing downward the other upward from the articles I have read about it. In your position, no light pollution you might be able to see it better.
This is so cool Leesa...I never did get to see it, it was cloudy here all week....if it weren't for yours and Deb's photos I'd never have seen it at all..
5 comments:
I went outside last night when I saw a couple of comments about this on Flickr. Alas, solid cloud cover. I'll look again tonight but I'm not hopeful...
This was pretty cool ~ I saw it last nite. I need to post the photo I took in December of the moon, Venus & Jupiter (??) I took. Was it Jupiter? I can't remember.
M~
I wondered what was next to the moon last night! It was so clear here last night when the storm was finally past. The moon and Jupiter were dead centered in the window of my back door.
Look over by saturn, in the east-southeast, and you can see the comet Luin. Well, you need clear dark skys and a binoc, but its a greyish looking blur.
I have a small 4 inch scope, and with that its a dim green/blue. However I did not have a good sky to see it so i couldnt see the two tails. yes, two of them, one pointing downward the other upward from the articles I have read about it. In your position, no light pollution you might be able to see it better.
This is so cool Leesa...I never did get to see it, it was cloudy here all week....if it weren't for yours and Deb's photos I'd never have seen it at all..
Stacie
Post a Comment