Thursday, February 5

13

1. I've been sick as a dog for three days. Not dying sick, but just flu-like miserable sick.

2. So I wonder where "sick as a dog" came from? I've seen sicker dogs.

3. Which of course I get sick after everyone leaves. The Law.

4. This flu has made me a little loopy. You should see me try to walk in the snow. You won't.

5. We still haven't reached 40 degrees in I don't know how long.

6. I still have a pet turkey.

7. I have two of the biggest pig squirrels I have ever seen. They even bitch at me when their feeder is empty.

8. I have one flying squirrel that shows up at night. He doesn't complain.

9. I'm trying to type while lying down.... not too bad.

10. Nyquil doesn't work on me like it used too, although I wouldn't recommend loading a wood stove while on the stuff.

11. Drifter tried to chase a raven today. A flying raven. Umm okay.

12. I could really go for some gatorade and maybe some soup. But that would call for me leaving the house. Where's my sister?

13. I swear that Marble was put in time-out today. Get this...
I go to feed horses. Sam (boy) and Carmel (momma) are in the barn. Marble (baby) was outside the barn with only her head poking around the corner. I threw their hay in, Carmel and Sam come to eat, but no Marble. I call her, she looks at me, but doesn't move. As soon as she decides to move Carmel gives her a look and puts her ears back. Marble stays put. This happened twice. I finally gave up and carried her food out to her.

I guess she was in trouble.

9 comments:

Osbasso said...

Do I have to make a chicken soup run for you? I'd be more than happy to! I could bring some of our mid-50s temps with me to help!

Sorry you're icky... :-(

Marianna said...

#13 cracked me up!

Feel better!
M~

~grey said...

Hope you feel better soon.
It funny... all mamas have that 'look'!!

LarryLilly said...

horsey tough love?

Nature Girl said...

ROFL! I just love that Marble! She's SUCH a character and it's good to know that when she gets out of hand (or is that hoof?) Carmel is there to put her back in her place...too funny!

I hope you feel better soon Girlie..it's just no fun being sick!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Seems like everyone has either had "the funk" or is getting "the funk". By the time I got home from work Monday, my temp. was almost 102ยบ.

Thanks for the link to your blog. I really need to get my butt in gear and blog something soon...I've been horrible lately.

•♥•m•♥• said...

poor marble.....gotta wonder what she did ....=) hope u feel better soon...

Moosekahl said...

I had that flu bug thingy last weekend...never decided if it was the food I picked up from the deli at Fred Myers or if I had caught a bug of some sort. either way it made me dizzy and really upset my tummy. Hope you feel better soon!

And too funny about Marble? Wonder what she did?

The Old Man and His Dog said...

They changed the formula in Nyquil. Used to be my fave. It doesn't have the same decongestant in it anymore, but it does still taste bad :) Feel better.