
So, for three days we had guys on our barn roof doing this. It rained the last day. No wonder they charge so much.
The snow has slowed down but it moved onto rain and sleet. For two days I've had sleet which has turned my driveway into a skating rink. It's pretty grey and yucky. As I usually say, thank goodness I don't have to drive anywhere.
Because of weather, I can't say much exciting has happened around here. I hadn't seen wildlife in almost three weeks with the amount of snow on the ground, but last night the little bandit raccoons showed up again.
I'm wondering when the deer show up again. I guess weather like this sends them low and looking for food and they can't find much. I heard recently that there were herds of elk near the main town eating peoples hay, looking very skinny :(.
At this point the only ones I can help are the birds, and I have plenty. I can't get to my feeders, but they seem to be okay with food poured on top of the snow.
I guess that's it. Still awake?
12 comments:
I hope you shared some beer with them! (the shovelers--not the birds)
Ok, not to change the subject but John's brother Tim has one of those flying squirrel thingies. He rescued it from his yard one day & his ex g/f Molly is bringing it back to healthy (she's a vet tech). They are coming to visit this weekend & I'm hoping he doesn't bring that freaky animal with him or you'll hear me scream from Texas. lol
That's so sad that the elk are getting so skinny. It makes you wonder how all your wildlife is sustaining life...
M~
I'll drink from a green bottle tonight in your honor. ;)
That's a wall of snow!!! I'm glad, but surprised, the roof held!
Too bad the elk and deer don't hibernate like the bears.
Goodness, it was mid 70's today and there's been talk of 80's by next week. As much as I'm hoping the snow in Flagstaff lingers for another couple of days I can't imagine the difficulty all that powder creates for you. You must tire of it as I do the sunshine. Hopefully it's almost over.
Leesa, OK, another change.
Looks mysterious enough, but the eyes "smile", not hidden, averted, mysterious.
Trying to catch the background in the eyes, cant see it...
almost mask like with the lines across the face, like the shadows of a removed hamburgular mask.
So, seriously, I got snow blindness when I looked at that picture of the guy scooping the barn-roof-snow.
Ow.
Badway
Too bad you can't get out to go snowshoeing with Moose and I.
Have good days!
Awww...that's sad about the elk.
OMG, unbelievable.
You know at first glance the photo looked like you were trying to dig out one of them thar UFO things.
take care
we have two inches, two inches, that's it. my kids want to move in with you so they can stay home from school lol
Geez- As a former firefighter and safety dude, I have to ask... Did the guy ever consider that he might get buried if that snow let loose? Makes me nervous to even look at that photo.
Post a Comment