Our driveway is still a crunchy icy mess, but otherwise all is well here.
Taylor and I walked out to check out the coyote den. This was a brush pile to be burned at some point, but coyotes took it over. Luckily they haven't come too close to the house that I can tell. I see all kinds of animal prints out there, but no coyote. Kitty roll call has been good each day.
One thing I thought was cool about the den was how they've made several openings. If you click em', you can see all the trails. Makes me wonder how many are actually living in there. I've yet to see one though.

8 comments:
Very resourceful critters!
37 sounds wonderful considering all the cold you've had.
M~
You should get one of these scouting cameras and set it up to see if you can capture anything!
This city boy ain't too sure about the merits of having coyotes as neighbors.
Admiring your life from afar. ;)
When I was flying, I used to LOVE to go in for a night flight...whenever I went out to preflight you could hear the coyotes howling across the river. It was awsome. I sooooo Loved to hear them. One time though, one was out during the day on the runway. My instructor had to pull the engine on me, I didn't see it. We had to taxi off the runway and wait for security to "secure the matter" It was not a happy day for me. The rules are...any animal on the runway must be shot on sight. I did not have a happiness that day. Kinda made me not so much in the mood for flying. :(
I love that you know where their den is. I bet you have babies in the spring! I am so anxious to see how this pans out as long as they stay away from your kitties that is!
Stacie
I think that is So cool! I'd be sitting there watching constantly to catch a glimpse of them (but I'm anal that way!!!)
If I lived where you live, I would not be able to get anything done.
I would love to sit and watch, the the snow's so deep out there I don't really have a place to. Hopefully when some of this melts, I can hang out :)
We worried about dens in our big woodpile, but fortunately no one had moved in.
We've yet to find our fox den but we understand they are huge with lots of openings and room for food storage.
Post a Comment