Thursday, February 7

Thursday Thirteen














**the barn/shop with some snow removed.

Thirteen Updates and Observances :

1. Even though we've gotten so much snow cleaned up and shoveled, we are on two different storm watches until Friday. 2 more feet expected. We got about 5 inches last night.

2. Not one power outage while Hubs was home, of course.

3. I've started drinking coffee in the mornings. Not sure why, but I have. Even ordered my own coffee maker yesterday.

4. Found out that besides an RV, two four-wheelers, a jeep and many other items were inside the collapsed shop, there were also 4 motorcyles. Ouch.

5. Gummy bears don't really freeze.

6. Hubs rental car could not get out of our driveway this morning. We had to use chains and some help from a friend.

7. My shovel broke. heh.

8. Marble thought the snowblower was the coolest thing ever. She actually ran under the snow as it was being shot over the fence.

9. The winds are so awful today that the snow off the trees is just being thrown at the house. Sounds awful and so much colder outside.

10. My foot's okay. Just a little black & blue, and sensitive to the touch. But seems to be working fine.

11. We had a cougar in our driveway this morning. As usual, I didn't see it, but the snowplow driver did. Time for kitty count.

12. Snow shovelers are making $30 and hour right now to shovel roofs. We drove into Sandpoint yesterday and you just saw them everywhere. They were also called to all schools in the area. Schools were closed until the roofs were cleared.

13. Because of the winds, the shovelers aren't coming today. But, I have no plans to leave the house except to feed animals. There's probably so much more to say, but as I watch out the window right now and see all the trees bending, I'm just wondering how long I'll have power.
**I probably just jinxed myself.

12 comments:

~grey said...

your shovel broke!!! Oh no!!!!

I think this is to much snow even for the cougar.... wonder what the deer do...

Marianna said...

Aack! Your shovel broke? That sucks girl!

Did you watch that episode of House the other nite with the woman at the South Pole that broke her foot? :P

The cougar would scare the crapola outa me.

M~

BetteJo said...

Hope it's okay - I put a little post on my blog tonight - recommending people come over and look at your photos an be amazed by your snow!! I don't comment very often but I am always stopping by. :)

http://bettejosbeadcreations.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-pictures-arent-that-good.html

Osbasso said...

#5--Good information to know.
#8--Your horse is weird.
#11--"Time for kitty count." Does that mean adding the new big one?
#13--We had the same winds all day today.

Did he at least bring a generator??

The Smoking Redhead said...

Ok, I know this is going to sound stupid but I would so love that...


Yeah, I know, I don't so it sounds cool, but yeah, it does. ;)

Have good days!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Too cold for me...but it IS beautiful!

Seriously, IS there life without coffee in the mornings??? I couldn't exist without it! ;)

Nature Girl said...

I just don't even know what to say Leesa! I'm just sitting here shaking my head thinking...man...I don't even know what to say. Wow.

That cougar would be pretty cool to see though!
Stacie

Marianna said...

Oh ~ I meant to say ~ #5: gummy bears may not freeze, but leave their bag unopened for a day & they are hard as a rock. That irks me! What's up with that?

M~

Anonymous said...

Good grief!!!!!!!!!! That's a lot of "dealin'with snow".

Hope all your kitties are present and accounted for!

LMAO at Marble running under the snow!!!

Gemheaven said...

I've popped over from BetteJo's blog and wow - I live in the UK - southern most tip and we never really get snow - yet my daughter(6) craves it. Will show her your blog if I may.
JO
x

Dave said...

Leesa,

That is some snow. When it starts melting things will be interesting. With so much snow all of the wild critters are looking for a meal. Keep safe.

I like animals with personality. I have goats and a pot belly pig to provide plenty of personality.

Love the photos. Keep it up. DMP

•♥•m•♥• said...

its hard to fathom that u could be buried any deeper in that stuff!...I am still just amazed at it all.....marble is ahoot!....i wondered how the critters were dealing mentally thru all this....hope all the kitty's are accounted for.....bad cougar!...he must be hungry too tho.... =(