Yeah, I have a Gorillapod, but it's not really strong enough for the weight of the 5D. Plus, it's only about a foot high, nothing to set it on to get shots of the moon.
These are wonderful! Tuesday night we had open skies, but last night the clouds came in and, alas, nothing! :(
I love my Gitzo Explorer with the Kaiser ball head and it handles the 5D with heavy glass well. I now wish I had sprung for the carbon fiber model because the whole thing gets heavy on a long trek! I like the way the center column can be rotated to do low angle shots and the legs can splay out flat. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/206491-REG/Gitzo_G2220_G2220_Explorer_Alumimum_3.html
I haven't loaded mine up yet...time to get busy I guess eh? You're shots are awesome! I love how the moon always looks so BIG where you are! I was out till my hands went numb last night so I didn't get a lot of shots... Stacie
Betty, it just depends. Sometimes I have luck putting it on the manual setting, but then sometimes I can use a flash and get it. I use a 500mm lens so that helps. Also, I'm out in the middle of nowhere, so I have no city lights around to distract. Your camera might have a night setting that might help too.
12 comments:
I love the silhouette of the trees in that first moonrise shot!
I thought you had that gorilla tripod thingy (is that what it was called?)...
Yeah, I have a Gorillapod, but it's not really strong enough for the weight of the 5D. Plus, it's only about a foot high, nothing to set it on to get shots of the moon.
These are wonderful! Tuesday night we had open skies, but last night the clouds came in and, alas, nothing! :(
I love my Gitzo Explorer with the Kaiser ball head and it handles the 5D with heavy glass well. I now wish I had sprung for the carbon fiber model because the whole thing gets heavy on a long trek! I like the way the center column can be rotated to do low angle shots and the legs can splay out flat. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/206491-REG/Gitzo_G2220_G2220_Explorer_Alumimum_3.html
I haven't loaded mine up yet...time to get busy I guess eh? You're shots are awesome! I love how the moon always looks so BIG where you are! I was out till my hands went numb last night so I didn't get a lot of shots...
Stacie
We had mostly cloudy skies up here, unfortunately, but I did get to see the eclipse ~ just not good quality for photo taking.
Yours are really cool!
M~
awesome shots!
You take such awesome photos!
Even with a tripod... all I got was a blurry mess. I spent so much time outside... it is just so frustrating.
Those are WAY COOL!
I got nothing on my end...
It was pretty dern cool, wasn't it? Great shots, byt the way!
I didn't even think of using a tripod
They are gogeous pics. Can I ask how you took'em as I always get a reflection and zero definition. I haven't a clue...thanks. Betty.
Betty, it just depends. Sometimes I have luck putting it on the manual setting, but then sometimes I can use a flash and get it. I use a 500mm lens so that helps. Also, I'm out in the middle of nowhere, so I have no city lights around to distract.
Your camera might have a night setting that might help too.
Post a Comment