
Awesome weather last few days. Sunshine, blue skies and 70 degrees. The pond is thawed, the ducks and geese are here, and the swallows are building nests. I love when this starts.
I've cleaned up the gardens, and although not much planting can be done yet, there's a few little things popping up here and there.
All that's left are the bear, fawns and hummingbirds. My favorite parts :)
As I had mentioned before, we had a dead deer on the property. It was pretty far away across the pond, so it's just basically bird food. Or it was...
Drifter decided to drag it to my front door and keep a couple legs for herself. Yep, lovely.
Lucky me, I had to drag the carcass away from the house. (I may never eat ribs again). Anyway, Drifter keeps bringing it back, so I guess G is going to have to haul it away permanently.
The legs are another story. She carries them around and won't let anyone have them. I had to draw the line when she wanted to come in the house with it.
Oh the joy of Spring :)
8 comments:
Title and photo made me laugh out loud. No one "slacks" like a cat ;)!
I'm guessing Drifter is a dog. Dogs love those legs - I sometimes have an assortment at my house also. The "yuck" factor diminishes for the legs but have to agree about the whole skull-vertebrae-rib cage - plus those can be sharp (dangerous) bones.
Enjoying these warm days but looking forward to the rain later this week also. A little warm after that and things will really pop!
Yeah, Drifter is a dog and she does seem to like the yucky things.
I used to work in animal ER, so usually things don't gross me out, but the open, chewed up, rib cage of a deer just didn't sit well. Thankfully she's not messing with the rest of the body.
We have rain coming tomorrow too, I like that it at least wets the driveway some and not so dusty EVERYWHERE :)
It is amazing how fast it dries out. Seems like everything was just snowcovered, but already my woods and yard need a good "drink". And the road and drive a bit of a clean off!
I had to laugh when you said she loves the leg... my little Diego has a leg of his own, just not a gross real one. LOL
One of his little stuffed animal toys... lost their leg the other day. Diego proudly carries the little leg around with him everywhere...
It was 65 here yesterday. So far this morning... 32! Rain should start before noon and snow (lots of heavy wet stuff) will start around supper time. Oh Joy!
Drifter I am sure rolled in the carcass a couple of times first. I hate that, then they want to come in. Our wolf-dog fortunately does not have anything bigger than dead small lizards to roll in, and they arent around long after they die, the fire ants dispose of them in an hour LOL
This would definitely sit under the ICK category. And I thought that a weather beaten stuffed animal (that is really a duck), but resembled a kitten sitting mulched on the lawn with a big german shepherd parked next to it was a freakshow to look at... but deer legs takes the cake.
What, no photos of Drifter with deer carcass? Drifter cracks me up...blech! I can't imagine why you won't allow it in the house though...I mean sheesh..it might keep her quiet at night if she has a little snack to gnaw on ;P
I can't wait till bear/fawn/hummingbird photos..
Stacie
No photos of deer leg carcass, please. LOL
M~
Post a Comment