1. We finally have a nice sunny day. It's 36 out, but it might as well be 50. It feels great and it's great to open windows and hang out outside. Short lived I'm sure though.
2. Sis left back to Texas the other day. G left too. The house is back to quiet and dark. I like it for now.
3. I have one very sick cat that probably won't be around for much longer :( I've postponed the inevitable twice because she is eating and purring. But I know it won't be long.
4. Drifter came in injured this morning. I'm sure all of her raccoon chasing has caught up with her. She won't lift her head and she has bites on her nose. Medications begin. Oh and the vet left yesterday. Of course.
5. The Wii Outdoor Challenge arrived yesterday. I will be kayaking this afternoon :)
6. I bought the most amazing sheets. Yes, I said sheets. They're polar fleece, soft and fuzzy. Yeah yeah, I know you're going to say, "I hate flannel hot sheets", but I said the same. These are different. You don't want to get out of bed. Go get some.
7. I hate that we don't have much of a recycling system around here. You can turn in cans and cardboard and paper, but that's about it. You used to be able to turn in bottles, but when the gas prices got so high, they quit coming out. No plastic recycling around either. I really hate throwing away that stuff.
8. This list is taking me forever to do.
9. We've decided to buy mountain bikes come Spring. It's really hilly here, so it could be a challenge, but it's a really beautiful place to ride a bike. And since he didn't go for the convertible or the motorcyle, then bikes will do :)
10. I started this list around noon, and it's now 2pm. Boy I lead an exciting life.
11. The deer still haven't come back around, I think it's been like a month. It's so weird not having them around. I'm interested to see what they'll do with the edible snowman. I guess the snow is till too deep to get around.
12. Okay well, this is all you're getting. It's 2:30 and I can't come up with two more exciting things about me.
7 comments:
Oh those sheets sound AWSOME! I LOVE my flannel sheets, but DH hates them. We have one of those newfangled foam beds that trap your body heat in and I can't use my flannels anymore..I'm SOOOOO sad about that!
Let me know how that kayaking goes...that sounds soooo cool!
I'm sorry about your cat...:(
I hope Drifter's ok too...figures it all hits the fan the day G leaves huh?
The kayaking is fun.... weird, but fun.
I tried the jump rope... I laughed and laughed when my little mii tripped on the rope. She's a clutz. LOL
Mountain bikes sound fun....
Sorry to hear about your cat... :( which one is it?
Stace.. yes of course, it's the law :)
Grey.. it's Spaz. I don't mention her much here because she prefers to stay outside most of the time. She's older, came up with us from Texas.
I'm sorry to hear about Spaz & Drifter. :(
I bought 2 sets of flannel snowman sheets from target. I love them so much! It gets so cold in our rooms because there's no insulation in these tin cans. So life is good & warm!
M~
For years my wife kept the bird feeder at the house full year round. And the water pump in the large bird bath running (unless it froze which in Texas isnt many days). We would have stray cats come around at times, and we could tell because the feeder would be full by late morning. So my wife would send out the wolf-dog to chase the vagrant. Then after a couple of days the cats would stat away and all was blissful as my wife would stop her activities from time to time and watch as the birds would be doing their thing. Mainly squabbling and eating and doing what else birds with full tummy's do. crap.
Then two years we had a sharpshin hawk show up, a juvenile, and he started making twice weekly trips to HIS feeding station, our small backyard bird haven.
Now its known to the bird world as a Pet Cemetery. They check in but they dont check out. For a while it was OK. My wife watched the hawk dispatch a bird every so often, and there in front of the huddled in the bushes that surround the feeder as Charlie or Kate was the days avian version of a Luby's. Now, 2 years later, he comes around almost daily, so since mid summer, no little brown birds, titmouse's, dark eyed juncos or mourning doves.
I told her stop the feed, they arent eating it, the hawk will relocate (maybe), then restart it. That way, a new generation of birds will take up residence again, and we can start anew.
maybe?
Larry, I've had that problem before too. A hawk will stake claim for several days and scare away my birds. What I do is just stop filling it for a few days and he goes away. Not that they don't come back though eventually.
I also have an owl on occasion that will stalk the birds, but that's not as often.
Since that post, there have been two more kills. My wife seems to think that perhaps there are two, but I doubt one would allow a second in its hunting area, unless it were a breeding pair, and I think its too early for that now.
Post a Comment