Thursday, November 25

No Turkey for Me?



Peaceful snowy Thanksgiving here today. G is in CA, sis and family enjoyed their day, and the critters and I enjoyed the snow and football :)

Happy Thanksgiving :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh...what a sweetheart!

It WAS a peaceful day :)!

Deanna said...

Hey!

You are sooooo funny.... a bunch of picture posts... and stories... and then nothing .. and now you are back !! ... with a whack of pictures.

How lucky for you that an owl came to visit! that is next on my picture quest. I would love to find some deer, as you do, but I have to go down the road in the car and drive for about 5 minutes, and then stalk something, if it happens to be there... WE have had a deer walk down our road, and I have seen them in the trail, but they are not a regular sight.

I went out last week and marched into the camera store and bought myself a Nikon D7000. I am unsure of what the circumstances were, and how I was able to acquire it... but I did. There was a large waiting list, and people had put deposits down on this new camera, and were waiting for the shipment to arrive, and one minute I was putting my name on a list to buy the camera, and wait my turn in line, and the next minute there was one sitting on the counter, and someone said they didn't know when their next shipment would be, and I should buy it if I want it.

So there you go! Not that I am an expert camera-y person or ANYTHING .. I just wanted something that would keep my mind reeling as to what I should be doing! .. and hoping that the images that I capture would be worthy or a blogpost.

( In all honesty ... I knew that it had push button filming ... and my boy does not know about this feature... so I have already secretly captured him playing the piano... which I have stored on my external hard drive, for my viewing only!). Some might say that's an invasion of his privacy ... but when one owns a boy as talented as this guy ... it's nice to have some footage of him just practicing ... minus the stress of having to be "on".

We had a dump of snow here yesterday, which has now turned to slush, since it has warmed up to almost 8 degrees, rather than the minus 7 where it was at ... and for us "westcoastians!" .. that was a fair bit of cold!

Keep me happy my friend ... and keep the pictures coming!

Leesa said...

Thanks, Ann :)

Deanna... I still keep up with blogs and your bear adventures :) I just came to a place where I felt like I was just repeating the same ol' thing daily. I got kinda bored with it. Trying to catch up now :)