We are going camping tomorrow. Our wolf-dog, who will be 10 years this December, has been on steroids for the past 8 years and will probably not be with us much longer. His ligaments have given out long ago, his walk is on his paws and his forearm, he doesnt stand on his feet like normal dogs. Now his rear hips dont work too well, he cant stand long enough to do his business. He is all skin and bone and a big belly. He doesnt eat much, his eyes are sunken in his head, he is all bony like an furry afghan hanging on a metal cage. We have a 8 foot folding ramp for him to get into the RV, but we dont know if he can climb it. We feel his time is soon, I have already made an urn I turned on a lathe out of Honey Mesquite for his ashes.
I anticipate the pain that you feel now. With pets it seems they slide fast. I wonder if he will make it to his tenth. As I reminde my wife, a big dog, a sick dog, ages a year every two months. He is well past 70 years now considering his size/type/illness/meds, so its any day now.
They give us so much companionship, love and affection.
12 comments:
Awww...what happened? :-(
dang it....what happened? ....so sad.... =(
what happened?
Not my sweet dear Spaz. What happened? She's playing with Brock and will always hold a special place in my heart.
They both had cancer. Both died a few days from each other.
I am so sorry, Leesa.
We are going camping tomorrow. Our wolf-dog, who will be 10 years this December, has been on steroids for the past 8 years and will probably not be with us much longer. His ligaments have given out long ago, his walk is on his paws and his forearm, he doesnt stand on his feet like normal dogs. Now his rear hips dont work too well, he cant stand long enough to do his business. He is all skin and bone and a big belly. He doesnt eat much, his eyes are sunken in his head, he is all bony like an furry afghan hanging on a metal cage. We have a 8 foot folding ramp for him to get into the RV, but we dont know if he can climb it. We feel his time is soon, I have already made an urn I turned on a lathe out of Honey Mesquite for his ashes.
I anticipate the pain that you feel now. With pets it seems they slide fast. I wonder if he will make it to his tenth. As I reminde my wife, a big dog, a sick dog, ages a year every two months. He is well past 70 years now considering his size/type/illness/meds, so its any day now.
They give us so much companionship, love and affection.
Peace to them all.
I'm so sorry Leesa! I didn't know Ruckus...what a sweet face! I know Spaz had been sick for awhile, but so sad to loose your loved pets like that :(
Thanks, everyone.
Ruckus is our friends dog, but we've known him since being a puppy and the loss was felt the same.
Crumbs. This is the worst part about sharing so much joy.
how sad...
*hugs*
sorry to hear about your loss.
Ruckus makes me really miss my lab-Meg
Post a Comment