Slowly moving into Fall... did I say that in my last post? Anyway.. the bucks are around, the temps are dropping and the leaves are falling. And, I'm ready. We still have tons of green tomatoes, so it might be chow-chow again this year. I actually have corn coming up this year, but I'm not sure the season will be long enough. Not as successful a garden as I'd hoped, but better than the previous years. I guess come see me in 5 years or so, I might have figured it out.
I have found things like tomatoes and corn... are better started indoors a couple of weeks before planting outdoors. The season is just not long enough here. With the cooler temps at night, things have stopped growning.
This September is so weird! So hot during the day... and cold when the sun goes down.
well, if you get that greenhouse, that'll help extend your season a little if you are able to start things earlier and transplant.
Awsome pics.
Not sure what else you can make with Green Tomatoes, but I have a couple of canning books I can peek at for ya if you want....chow chow sounds good though!
3 comments:
I don't think it's anything to figure out. I think it's more lucky or unlucky with the weather. :)
I have found things like tomatoes and corn... are better started indoors a couple of weeks before planting outdoors. The season is just not long enough here. With the cooler temps at night, things have stopped growning.
This September is so weird! So hot during the day... and cold when the sun goes down.
well, if you get that greenhouse, that'll help extend your season a little if you are able to start things earlier and transplant.
Awsome pics.
Not sure what else you can make with Green Tomatoes, but I have a couple of canning books I can peek at for ya if you want....chow chow sounds good though!
Post a Comment