Thursday, August 28

13

Thirteen Nothings..

1. I just saw two missionaries walking up my driveway. As they reached the house, they turned around and left. Evil presence? Evil cats? Too weird.

2. I must pick up at least 10 live grasshoppers a day in my house. Jones catches them and gives them to the kittens, I take them away and throw them back outside.

3. It's been raining for 4 days and my sprinklers are still going off.

4. If you ever want a personal blog, don't put your name or your state on it. (*especially if you have a unique name) Someone WILL find it.

5. I learned this morning that you can't use ice cream as substitute for coffee creamer. Especially chocolate chip... it's messy and doesn't taste that good.

6. I noticed the last few mornings that the fawns like to follow the cats. Although, one little sneeze and all hell breaks loose.

7. In the last week there's been a mountain lion on the property and report of a grizzly in the area. Mountain lion I'm okay with, they are always here... the grizzly makes me a little nervous.

8. Cold weather is here. In the 40's the last few mornings and I have no split firewood. Where's that stable boy?

9. My barn and garage are engulfed in spiders and spider webs. It's literally like the movie Arachnophobia. Thankfully they don't mind the camera.

10. I had a hawk hit my window the other day. It was really weird picking him up and waiting for him to shake it off. I'm thinking that beak could tear right through my finger. He woke up and flew away. No photos :(

11. I'm looking to buy a Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit. Any suggestions? Pro's or Con's? I even looked at boxing bags. Gotta have something to hit sometimes.

12. I never did talk about camping did I? It was cold in the morning, hot during the day. Mosquitos seemed to only like ME. I don't fish. I couldn't hike because of an injury and my mattress died.

13. Well I obviously don't have a thirteen as this has been sitting on my screen for the last half hour.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want pictures of the Mountain Lion!

The Old Man and His Dog said...

1. We have a cricket problem in our house. Damn things are noisy, I turn on the lights to find them and they get quiet so I can't find them.

2. Wii, buy it, we have it and it's fun and it's gets you off your butt.

212degreedesigns said...

the Wii Fit
is better than the WHOLE Wii..

and we LOVE our Wii...

so says the product of the video game age.... lol

seriously..
it's a series of core strengthening exercises and even oddly enough some aerobic things such as running..
(which feels a bit like cheating myself out of the stuff i get to see outdoors, but great in bad weather), hula hoop (the trick is to rotate your ankles not just your hips), so my vote?

get it.

Osbasso said...

The missionaries story sounds like the beginning of a joke! It was the Heinie bottles all stacked up like firewood outside your door that scared them off...

I think you're the only one who would stop and take care of the hawk. Good for you!

What's up with the injury?

Nature Girl said...

Yikes! I wish the missionaries would turn around and leave when they get to my door but they don't. They just keep knocking..even when I don't answer they just stand there and keep on knocking..

I'd LOVE To see photos of a mountain lion as well...but Grizzly? YIKES! That would make me nervous too!

12) YIKES! That does not sound like a fun camping trip! I would LOVE to fish...as long as someone baited my hook for me LOL. oh...AND took the fish off the hook...AND cleaned the fish for me. you know, scratch that, I just like to hold the pole.

And with that I'll make my departure....

Stacie

Marianna said...

I don't like grasshoppers. I think I end up hopping around more than they do! ICKY!

Cold mornings... I don't know what that's like! It was 90 degrees at 6am this morning. LOL

I don't like spiders even worse than grasshoppers. ICKY!

The Wii is AWESOME! I've never tried the Wii Fit, but playing Wii (bowling, tennis, etc), gets me SORE! It's definitely a good thing to have ~ either one. They sell them over here, but I can't do it here. Since I live upstairs, I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't appreciate that.

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"As they reached the house, they turned around and left."

Don't you have a big ol' long driveway? They probably figured they'd better head back because they were fixin' to run out of energy.

"Where's that stable boy?"

You want me to send my cabana boy up there to do that for you? ;)

Spiders....ick. As long as they stay away from me, I don't mind them too much.

Leesa said...

gkw~ so do I!!
~
Old Man~ luckily not crickets, but they do jump all over the house before I can catch them :)
~
212~ I've heard all good things and I'm definitely getting one.
~
Os~ You know me, I'll save anything.
The injury is my ankle, still from the fall at Kootenai.
And no beer bottles outside :P
~
Stace~ It's interesting I had missionaries the next day after we were talking about it.. but odd they didn't knock.
And eh.. I'm not a fan of fishing. You can hold the pole ;)
~
M~ yeah, we're back to 40's mornings and 60's days.. just like I like it :)
~
Stacy~ We do have a really long driveway, but they actually drove up most of it.
And yes, send Paco, or Pablo, or whatever his name is :)

~grey said...

I love the Wii and the Wii fit!!!

It's the only time I can actually jog and not feel like the whole world is staring at me.

All the little games... and things are fun!

But to make it more interesting... make Mii's of your favourite people... that way when you are jogging... you will run past people you know. LOL

~grey said...

oh and I hear you on the chilly mornings... it has been chilly here for about a week now.

Guess fall is here already.

This week... it is actually going down into the 30's. WOW!~

Laura said...

1. They are pretty brave to be out there in all that wilderness, don't you think? Maybe the mountain lion was on your roof or something.
2. It's really just ONE grasshopper that Jones keeps catching and bringing back in the house.
...

Don't have a wii. I have a treadmill and I love it. Especially with a good incline. ;P

I need to blog.
~L.

Moosekahl said...

If you get the Wii, get Super Mario Cart to go with it. Little steering wheel of your own and everything.