Wednesday, November 7

Whenter














I love Winter.
I love cold temperatures and snow.
I love big warm sweaters, gloves, and scarves.
I love burning fireplaces and woodstoves. The feel and smell of the first snow.
Heated blankets, down comforters, hot drinks... you name it.
The problem?
When?? Waiting for it. Geesh.
I have the cold temps, waking to the teens in the morning. The bird bath is frozen and the pond has the glaze of ice over it every morning.
The fire is burning, the coats, sweaters and gloves are out. It's even completely dark by 6pm. I don't mind that.
I'm not that crazy about it being dark still at 7:30 am.. but comes with the season.

It's the waiting for the snow.
You never know each year between Halloween and Thanksgiving when it will hit.
You're teased many times by a few flakes, by a weather report. But, even they don't always know when it will hit.

So when?
I'm ready.

10 comments:

~grey said...

I love the same things about winter as you do. My problem is the snow never stays here for very long. We get a warm wind that comes over the mountains and melts everything. But I do love the quite night with flakes softly falling...

I also love seeing the ice slowly creep across the lakes...

Soon
Soon!

Marianna said...

This photo is gorgeous! I'm not sure I've ever seen you post it til now...

What's funny is that just last nite I was thinking that I couldn't remember the last time I wore flip flops & that I kinda missed it... LOL

M~

Osbasso said...

Did you photoshop this, or is this the actual color (or lack thereof) of the moment?

Leesa said...

No photoshop :)

Marianna said...

Oh wow, Leesa, I thought it was selective coloring. And I also didn't realize this was a NEW shot! I thought it was from last year or something!

M~

Leesa said...

Oh this isn't a recent shot, this is last year. But I didn't do anything to the color. If you notice, the trees around the house are in their normal color too.

Moosekahl said...

I'm waiting for the snow too. The first real snowfall of the day is my favorite day of the year. It teased us with a 10 minute "flurry" the other day but it blew into wisconsin before it was even on the ground. Nothing real yet.

Nature Girl said...

gorgeous shot girlie! If I could have all of those things you mentioned without ever being cold, I would LOVE winter...it's just being cold that I hate...
Stacie

Paige said...

It is still dark at 7:30am at your house? I'm so jealous!! It is light here around 5:30am and if the sun is up the kids think it is time for them to be up. ugh!!!

Unknown said...

Okay I agree on the snow, I love snow, but NOT cold temps those I do not like