Friday, November 23

Brrr













Well I finally caved and started the woodstove this morning. Fourteen degrees outside and 59 inside is a bit chilly, don't ya think?
I always wait until the last minute with the woodstove since it's such a job once it's running. Not a really big deal, but a constant thing to watch and keeping it going overnight etc. The house feels much better now though :)

It isn't normally this cold, so I'm sure it's just a snap coming through. Hopefully we'll have some real snow soon. As I was watching the Cowboys game yesterday I noticed they were getting some flurries. Kinda funny for them to get snow flurries and me nothing.

I'm still getting the funky headaches I spoke of before. I can't sleep because of them, and I am on permanent pain killers it seems. It's getting old. So I have two different Dr. appts to make next week. Yeah. I also need to get my teeth cleaned. So I guess I'll all for one day just to get it all over with.

I never did go back to check on the eagles. From what I hear the carcass is picked clean. I joked with the hubs that now I know I just need to throw a carcass in the front yard to get some good eagle shots.

Yeah, right.

5 comments:

Paige said...

I love cold weather. Even more so when there is snow involved. Hope you get some soon. I will be waiting patiently for pictures. LOL

~grey said...

I here you on the chilly mornings. It is about the same here.

I hate taking so much pain meds. With this cold... I feel as if I am od'ing on meds.

I am surprised that we don't have very much snow yet... odd for this late in November.

Moosekahl said...

Good luck with the doctor's appointments this week.

As far as winter, we are just getting teased here too. We had flurries for a day straight but nothing stayed on the ground. Where's winter?

Laura said...

I have a few carcass ideas for you, but I doubt they'd readily volunteer.

We've gotten cold, too...and no snow. Bah!
~L.

Marianna said...

I thought we were going to get an ice storm in Killeen on Thursday nite, but luckily it stayed about an hour away... kinda crazy, I agree!

M~