Thursday, August 9

Cool, Dude.






Fifty degrees this morning.  It almost felt like we were heading for Fall again.  I almost considered a sweatshirt to feed the complaining animals outside.  The nights/mornings are getting cooler, but the days are still hitting mid-80's, low 90's.  I'm ready for that to be over now.  I'm ready for Fall colors and sweaters and the smell of fireplaces again.  The warm fuzzy boots are getting a little dusty.

Along with dusty boots are dusty cameras.  I just don't get out like I used to and pick up the cameras.  I take the occasional photos of Riley and the kittens/cats/horses, but for the most part I just haven't been motivated.  Maybe it's seeing the CONSTANT photos from other locals all over my facebook feed that deters me.  What's one more sunset?  One more deer photo?  Another hummingbird shot?  The inspiration fades when you see it constantly from someone else.  Everyone's a photographer these days.  Or, what they think a photographer is I guess.  I don't even call myself a 'photographer' anymore.  I like to take photos.  Period.

Funny though, after all of that, I will be taking some photos today.  Most likely.  Have to take an hour drive to run some errands that pass some pretty scenery.  I'll dust off the camera and see what I can come up with.  It will be a pretty drive and a change of scenery for the day.

We'll see where it leads.

3 comments:

Peruby said...

Please post some. I love to see what other parts of the US look like. I don't have moola to travel, so pictures help! :)

LarryLilly said...

Hey, include your mug in some of the shots.

I finally got my telescope back from my son but down in the Dallas area we have west nile virus running wild, so its best not to be out at night (skeeters are infected source). So I have to wait till cooler climes to take some astropics. But that will be just two more full moons from now, well, maybe 3!

Memphis said...

You see it every day, and then the photos that people you follow are posting, but to the rest of the world what you see every day is remarkable. Just the other day I saw a mountain lion along the highway near my house. He had been hit by a car or truck and was dead. I didn't take a photo, but by the time I came back that way someone had stopped and taken the body, probably intending to stuff and mount it. When I told people at work what I saw they didn't believe me. A mountain lion? Near Memphis? Crazy talk!