Thursday, September 23

Stubborn



I keep pushing it every year on starting the wood stove. Being clear skies and full moon tonight it's already 40 degrees. With the recent windy rainy weather, my house has been pretty cool.
All the ol'timers around town are claiming we're going to have a big long Winter. They mention the 'signs'.... hummingbirds left early, squirrels are going nuts stocking for Winter, bear are being troublesome earlier than normal..etc etc. I guess we'll see. They certainly didn't warm me a few years ago when I had 5 feet of snow in my front yard. heh.

I'm glad weather is cooler, I love this time of year. Next will be the snow and the holidays. Come February I'll be bitching about too much snow. Although.. last Winter was so lame and almost boring, I kinda welcome a nice snowy Winter.

You don't need to remind me of that when I'm snowed in and complaining..thank you.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Today is the first day of fall, it's grey and raining out this morning. While summer was only yesterday, so are the memories of how beautiful and blue it just was! BUT... I say bring on the icky weather... it leaves more time to enjoy a good book, or extended time at the computer!

Intersting story about the cougar. Hopefully it will end well... which means they find their way back into territory where humans and domestic animals do not cross their paths.

I have heard that there are cougars around here, given that we live in such close proximity to the forests and mountains, (almost at the base of a river, which has lots of farm land).

Yes, got some completely CRAPPY photos of a momma and her cub yesterday... and I was in an unbelievable distance from them. I do not like the GREEN button on the nikon, and was just photo-ing something when she came along... I high tailed back to the car ... and you are so right.. I would fear a big cat over a black bear.

Coffee time!