Saturday, July 11

This n' That













Lots of babies around lately. First duck family I've seen in the pond and we have several bird house babies. I've seen a few fawn around the area but none have wandered through the yard yet.
The bear have gone up high for berries, I'll probably see them again late August.

The garden is finally coming around despite the temps. It was 43 this morning and now reaching almost 90 degrees. So far this has been the best vegetable and flower gardening season I've had. I have three full beds of green beans, something I've yet to accomplish before. They look great so far :)
I'm growing several things this year that I haven't tried before, so hopefully all will work out. I'm pretty sure it's decided I will have a greenhouse next year.

We recently bought a boat. Haven't taken it out yet, but SO ready. Lake Pend Orielle is gorgeous.. can't wait :)
That sister of mine should be up early August for good. She leaves Texas end of the month and will probably take her at least 4 days to drive up. With Mom, son, and two cats and a dog in tow, I'm thinkin' she'll be ready for some boating too.

Hmm..what else?
~I think we'll hit 90 today. Thank goodness I bought a window unit a long time ago.
~No horse escapes!
~The 4th went well, although very hot and very long day.
~It doesn't get dark until after 10pm, so obviously very late fireworks.
~Luckily no fires were started with the tons of fireworks the boys bought.
~I'd been jonesin' for a kayak, but since we bought a boat I think that's out.
~I think I want a trampoline.

8 comments:

Liz said...

I've been thinking about a kayak too...nothing in the Mountain Trader this week, but LLBean has a 1 person setup for less than $500...I'm still thinking but seems like it would be fun to have something I could toss in my Jeep and slide into the water for a morning or evening paddle...

Leesa said...

Hmm.. that price at LLBean sounds good, I might have to check that out :)

Osbasso said...

Does this mean we finally get to see you in a bikini on the water? :-)

chez bez said...

I've always said I need a friend with a boat. Now I have one, but I guess what I really need is a friend with a boat who lives near me.

Leesa said...

Os--I don't think so :)

Chez--guess you just need to move up north! :)

The Old Man and His Dog said...

Let's compare scenery:

I saw 4 homeless people on the way to work.

A polluted river.

A bunch of old beat up trains.

The Empire State Building.

Several worn ghettos.

A drunk that walks the street near our house.

The couple across the street yelling and cursing at each other over their broken

A lady with a papercup walking up to cars asking for money.

Nature Girl said...

gof or the kayak!! you can laod it on the boat and take it on little side trips when the G Meister is doing some fishing! it's AWSOME!!!!!!

I miss my Gertie...Just found out about a place ot go neear me, can't wait to try it out.

Nature Girl said...

ps...I got mine for about 200...check places like Costco too...